“Wonderful Eye Candy”

Dixie Ellis' Lower Antelope Canyon Tours
Ranked #5 of 43 Tours in Page
Reviewed 30 March 2018

What a beautiful experience. It began watching the Navajo hoop dance, which is impressive! Then Lydell took us under his wing and showed us how to take the best pictures of this beauty....and offering to take our pictures (much better than a selfie). He worked hard at making this adventure even better than expected.

1  Thank Laurie L
Write a ReviewReviews (2,480)
All reviews
"great pictures"
in 53 reviews
"an amazing experience"
in 37 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
in 20 reviews
"photo tour"
in 58 reviews
"photo spots"
in 19 reviews
"highlight of our trip"
in 30 reviews

Reviewed 30 March 2018

This was a fantastic tour of Lower Antelope Canyon. I'd recommend seeing bother Lower and Upper, but with Dixie Ellis' you definitely get more space and time to appreciate the canyon. The lower canyon is also more adventurous to go through than the upper. We had Mikayla as our guide and she did a great job explaining the geology of the canyon and helping us take pictures that captured its beauty. They even give you a water bottle at the end of the tour. This is definitely worth the price and the drive (I was coming from Denver).

Reviewed 30 March 2018

Our guide was Mikayla who did an excellent job guiding us through Lower Antelope, pointing out cool photography locations and angles and fended off a group behind us that kept trying to push past our group (even though there was no room ahead). We did both Upper and Lower Antelope Canyon tours and Lower in my opinion had more of the shapes/colors that you'd expect when you google Antelope Canyon. Upper AC was a lot darker (ok if you have a DSLR or equivalent and tripod) and felt more crowded. Overall an excellent experience and I'd highly recommend if if you're in Page.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

Love this place! I will admit that it is beautiful, but A LOT more crowded than I expected since in most photos I rarely see people. The first quarter of the canyon is crowded like Disneyland, but the further you go in the more spread out the groups become. I heard that summer it is way worse in terms of popularity so I was just grateful to be in there with the crew I was rolling with.

Our guide fortunately kept us in front so by time we were in the middle of the canyon there was hardly anyone around. Every staff person we interacted with was very nice and informative which we all appreciated.

Tip: No backpacks or selfie sticks allowed. It's a short hike so you don't really need it anyways. Just bring your camera, a small bottle of water, and you should be ok.

Overall, I would recommend Dixie Ellis to a friend interested in going here. Not sure if I would need to visit again since I already took dozens of photos, but if I did I would go through this company.

I’m a fellow traveler and have always appreciated when people write about their experiences so I can make informed decisions. If this review provided value, please hit that “helpful” button so I know I’m helping others and paying it forward as well. Even if it’s just one person it’s worth it to me.