“Comfort food supreme”
Review of Idle Isle Cafe

Idle Isle Cafe
Ranked #2 of 38 Restaurants in Brigham City
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This restaurant is a landmark and has been in operation for a long time. If you like mashed potatoes and gravy, tasty meat variety, great deserts then this is your place. Good service, fun quiet atmosphere, a throwback in time with great tasty food.

Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

The only disappointment was my travel schedule only allowed for one opportunity to eat here. The meal was fantastic and the service was even better if possible - seemed like anyone and everyone working there at some point helped out with a drink refill or just checking in to make sure everything was alright - it never felt overdone or forced but rather like I was a guest as this families house and they were all so considerate. I would be remiss not to mention the pie - I don’t normally go for a dessert but the idea of a homemade slice of coconut cream pie was too much to pass by and it was the ultimate topper of the entire experience. Loved the toasted coconut sprinkled on top as it added so much more flavor and texture to every bite (gave serious consideration of going back the next morning for a slice before hitting the road - I didn’t and have regretted that choice). Not sure if I’ll ever be back in the area but even if just passing through I’ll make time to eat at this place again.

Reviewed 28 May 2018

The Idle Isle is nearly 100 years old and is reportedly the second longest continuously operating restaurant in Utah. It has many of the original fixtures either still in use or on display. As you might expect the menu is quite traditional and "homestyle". We happened to be there on Reuben day so I had to try their version. It was a huge portion, made with thick cut home-made corned beef - absolutely delicious. My wife had their Taco Soup (stew), which was somewhat unique to us but quite tasty. Service was prompt and personable. Prices were reasonable.

Reviewed 19 May 2018

After much research online, we came across this hidden treasure. The staff were also friendly and the atmosphere was so casual. The food was so delicious. We had the ribeye and grilled chicken. The steaks were perfect and the chicken was so moist. We did not get dessert, save some ice cream which was covered in their homemade delicious apricot jam. A definite stop if we come this way again.

1  Thank Erlinda L
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Food and service was excellent in this cafe. Their cooked in house dinner rolls were delicious - my family is still talking about them. Would definitely go their again. Just to let you know they do not serve alcohol.