Aspen Lodge(Grand Marais)
US$99
US$290
US$263
Cancelon
Skyport Lodge(Grand Marais)(Great Value!)
US$85
TripAdvisor
US$160
Caribou Highlands Lodge(Lutsen)
US$131
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Tofte - Lake Superior(Tofte)(Great Value!)
US$150
All reviewspancake breakfastboundary waterswell trainedfirst timersbwca triptwo nightstowoutfittersbunkhouseadventurecanoelodgeportagingwildlifewoodshiking
Reviewed 25 September 2012

From the second we were on Gunflint Trail I knew I would love this place. And they didn't let me down. There wasn't a single person on the staff that wasn't friendly and helpful the entire time we were there. We stayed in Riverside cabin, and I honestly do not have any complaints. There are 2 canoes that you can take out when it's convenient for you, there's a personal dock, a campfire space and picnic table close to the river. The cabin itself was extremely clean and neat. I loved writing my experience (and reading others) in the journal left on the coffee table. If we needed anything, all we had to do was ask. I can't stress enough how great this place is. I hope I can return every year for this experience! And I would like to do a canoe trip also, since I've heard nothing but good things about those trips!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Paddling_hiking_Gal, Owner at Voyageur Canoe Outfitters, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2013

We're so happy you enjoyed your stay in our Riverside Cabin at Voyageur Canoe Outfitters. It is a great cabin and other guests seem to enjoy the private deck, dock and campfire area too. We hope you will make it an annual vacation and try a canoe trip into the wilderness too. We'd love to see you back at Voyageur.

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, we appreciate it very much.

Sue Prom
Voyageur Canoe Outfitters- Where the Trail Ends and Your Voyage Begins...

Reviewed 15 August 2012

I just went on a trip with my husband and son (age 6). Both of them had never been to the BWCA and we went with voyageur's canoe outfitters. The meals were packed nicely. The gear was just right. We used all of their gear that was packed for us(we used two of our own sleeping bags because they were extremely lightweight and we don't get to use them as much as we'd like.) We brought our hammock which was awesome to sit in and look at the water and wildlife with besides just a nap. My only suggestion would to make sure you have a map carrying case. My husband bought one at the outfitters and it worked great. You can rent exactly what you need.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Paddling_hiking_Gal, Owner at Voyageur Canoe Outfitters, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2012

We're so happy to have been a part of your canoe trip. Thanks so much for using Voyageur Canoe Outfitters and for writing such a wonderful review for us. We're glad you had a good trip and hope you'll all be back again soon. Thanks again!

Reviewed 23 January 2012

Voyager has been our Outfitter for partial outfitting since the early 1990s. I took an 9 year break in the middle (no not to another outfitterl just a break) and when we came back they were the same helpfull, friendly and top notch outfitter as always. You won't go wrong using Voyuager Canoe Outfitters. Mike, Sue and the gang are the best!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends

We are happy you have returned to Voyageur and the canoe country wilderness. We're thrilled you are still pleased with our services. Some people can get burned out of outfitting but I believe our love of the wilderness and passion about paddling keeps us energized. Our seasonal crew does an awesome job with our guests too. Thanks for the review and can't wait for your next trip.

Reviewed 22 January 2012

They were great in letting us know pre-trip the deadlines for menus, etc. Everything worked well with the vouchers we purchased, and the check-in was easy. They were very accommodating for us using some of our own gear even on a fully outfitted trip. All the gear was great, the food was plenty, and nothing broke. Weather hindered our original canoeing route, but that is nothing they can control. It was an easy check back to the outfitters as well. I wish they would have mentioned we could not paddle back to the outfitters from EP54 and that we HAD to call, but that was partially the maps being misleading as well. Overall an amazing experience. I will definitely use them again!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends

We love to hear such positive words about our guest's outfitting experience. Thanks for taking the time to give us a review. We're happy you had a nice Boundary Waters trip and look forward to your return. Some people paddle back to our place via portaging at the Trail's End Campground while others give us a call to avoid that last portage. We'll definitely keep that in the front of our minds when sending folks that way through the BWCA.

Reviewed 12 January 2012

We wanted for NOTHING. Our Scout group of 12 had the best time of our lives and it all started with VCO. Even though we had used another outfitter down the road for the 15 years prior and never had a bad experience with them, we decided just mix it up a little and try someone different. This could have backfired on us but, to our relief, was a fantastic move. The staff, food, equipment, lodging, hospitality, and planning were all top-notch. Thank you again for everything. We'll be seeing you in the future! Boy Scout Troop 175, Blue Springs, MO.

2  Thank lsfireman

We're so happy your Boy Scout Troop had such a wonderful outfitting experience with us. We love to outfit Boy Scouts and other groups as it is so satisfying to get kids into the woods. We pride ourselves on providing the best there is in outfitting including our awesome crew. We look forward to having you outfit with us again. Thanks for the kind words, we really appreciate it.