“Fantastic Local Seafood!”

Smoky Mountain Trout House
Ranked #50 of 207 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Smoky Mountain Trout House prides itself on offering absolutely the freshest trout in Gatlinburg. Our trout are ice packed directly to the restaurant. Once it has arrived we take great care in our preparing your selection exactly as you like. All of the trout served in this restaurant are Rainbow Trout, grown in the sparkling clear waters of the Smokies. The purity and flavor of mountain trout offered great pleasure to the original settlers of the Smokies. So... have a seat, rest a spell and you, too, can enjoy a special treat... real Smoky Mountain trout! Thank you for visiting us and remember to treat yourself to trout... It's as good as all outdoors!
Reviewed 22 September 2016 via mobile

Superb restaurant with fresh local trout prepared in all varieties. Our server Gregory was very pleasant and knowledgeable. Food was delicious all around. If you're in Gatlinburg and you like fish, stop here regularly

Reviewed 20 September 2016

We wanted to try fresh trout during a recent overnight in Gatlinburg and the Smoky Mountain Trout House seemed to be the place to go. The inside of the small restaurant appears stuck in time and somewhat resembles a very old fishing cabin, IMO badly in need of an updated makeover. My wife and I both ordered trout dishes and fried mushroom appetizer. The mushrooms were not good at all. They were very, very small and appeared to be more pieces than whole mushrooms. Not a good start. After sitting for about 45 minutes we noticed we had yet to be served our salads and had to ask a different waitress to check on it as our waitress was slow and inattentive. A few seconds later the salads appeared. Average, nothing special. The trout finally arrived. I got the house special trout while my wife had one of the grilled trout. The fish was fresh but once again it was only ok, not good...not bad. The baked potatoes were just ok as well. Service was slow and inattentive. Others really seem to like this restaurant but I walked out quite disappointed with service and the meal and will not return should I visit Gatlinburg again.

Reviewed 20 September 2016 via mobile

Service was very good however the food left a lot to be desired. My husband had a trout dish and there were many tiny bones in it and he said he would just give it 2 stars. I had the prime rib. I would not recommend this dish here. There was quite a bit of gristle and the aux jus was very salty. I had to ask for another plate to remove the prime rib from the aux jus. For $22.95 this was definitely not worth it. The salad was good as was the blue cheese dressing. And the baked potato was good...can't go wrong on that one. The staff were attentive and the atmosphere was good.

Reviewed 15 September 2016 via mobile

We ate here tonight for supper. The trout is the best I have ever had. Service was too notch our waitress Barbie went above and beyond to make our experience wonderful. If you're in Gatlinburg and looking for a dining experience this is your spot.

Reviewed 15 September 2016 via mobile

Excellent service, excellent food,be sure and ask for Mary and be sure to make reservations we'll be going back next year!