Free cancellation until 27/07
US$483
US$269
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$302/night.

1,187 results
All reviewsbreakfast roomfresh baked cookieswithin walking distancegas fireplacesmall poolbiscuits and gravywhirlpool tubcovered parkingnational parkcity viewenjoyed our staythe main stripthird floorgreat place to stayfree breakfastthe room was nicebalcony overlooking
Reviewed 28 August 2017

What a nice place, nothing fancy but just a nice stay, rooms were updated with wooden floors and walk-in showers. Beds were comfy and room was clean. they have a free breakfast which isn't too bad, get there early or you will have to take the food back to the room.

Room Tip: The creekside rooms while they do have a view of the creek, you still have to be across from the Travelodge across the creek.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2017

We have stayed here on two separate occasions. The property was better the first time we visited six years ago. The accouterments and decorations were newer and not worn out. The second time we visited we had silver fish insects in our bathroom floor. This property has become a 'glorified' motel, which is unfortunate. The owners really need to update the property, as its rather rundown and equip each room with wine bottle openers. The pool could use expansion.
The breakfast was eggs made from a bag, very artificial. The bacon was the same. They advertise breakfast included, however they really aren't equipped to pull off a wholesome breakfast. The coffee tasted very bitter, like it was saved from the day before.

Room Tip: Get a city view......
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ilikegolf65
General M, General Manager at Bearskin Lodge on the River Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

ilikegolf65,

Thank you so much for staying with us during your recent visit to Gatlinburg. I am disappointed to read that your stay was less then desirable with us this time. I will let you know we are in the process of fully renovating our guest rooms. Those improvements include new hardwood flooring, fully renovated bathrooms that include a custom walk-in shower and other wonderful upgrades. We certainly hope you will decide to consider us again the next time your travels bring you to the area.

Lee Douglas, GM

Reviewed 23 August 2017

We were taking a family vacation from our home in Chicago to South Carolina but we wanted to break up the return trip home with somewhere fun about halfway, we ended up deciding on staying and playing in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area for a few days. I found Bearskin Lodge on the River here on Trip Advisor. Based on photos and positive reviews I booked a couple nights in early August. I could not have been happier with my decision to stay here. Have you ever traveled someplace and seen a different hotel and said to yourself "I wish I would have stayed there" or "next time I am staying there", well Bearskin Lodge is that place, the 3 days we were in Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge I never saw another property and said "I wish we were staying there", I was already staying at the best property. The place is beautiful, it looks as good in person as it does in their website photos. The property is clean and well kept. Housekeeping was very good and prompt. Our room was large, good size bathroom, King size bed, little nook with a love seat, a fireplace and a balcony with outdoor furniture seating. This hotel is located perfectly on the southwest corner of downtown Gatlinburg, basically the last place before heading out of town up Ski Mountain road, close enough to walk to easily all of the shops, dining and other attractions in downtown but not in the heart of all the congestion. There is also two small pools on the property, a regular pool and a lazy river pool. Room prices were very reasonable in my opinion, I would have happily paid more.

We loved Gatlinburg and The Bearskin Lodge we are already talking about another trip here next summer with relatives and siblings for an longer length stay and we will most defiantly be staying at Bearskin Lodge on the River.

Room Tip: Apparently we had an "updated" room so I would suggest asking for an updated room. Also, our balcony with sliding door was nice.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Rich P
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

The room was nice and clean with no issues there. However, My in laws did express that the breakfast was not impressive at all.

Our shower was clogged and was draining slow. We had to stand in ankle deep water to shower. We notified the front desk on Saturday and supposedly someone took a plunger to the shower. Showered that night and showered again in ankle deep water. We let the front desk know again when we checked out Sunday. My guess is whoever tried to fix it, didn't bother to run the water for a while to see if it was fix or not. So nothing like walking the strip in Gatlinburg in the hot sun being sweaty and having to stand in your nasty water while you shower.

All I can say positive about our experience is the room was clean.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CarolinaBeachGirl
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

This was the best hotel we have ever stayed in we had the King size suite with a balcony view of the river. Every one was just so helpful and nice . It was a joy to stay with them . We will be staying here next time also. I give this hotel a 10 star rating. Thanks guys for everything

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family