Smoky Bear Campground & RV Park
US$118
US$108
  • Pool
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites on the River(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
US$63
Quality Inn & Suites Gatlinburg(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
US$65
US$139
GardenInn.com
The Edgewater Hotel(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
US$109
Zoders Inn & Suites(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$274
HolidayInn.com
Hampton Inn Gatlinburg(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
Agoda.com
Gatlinburg Inn(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
US$99
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbath housetravel trailerpull through sitescamp groundfull hookupspull throughsfifth wheeltent campinggrounds are immaculatelaundry facilitypool and hot tubbasketball courtwould definitely stay here againnice poolroad noiseshort drivehome away from home
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 August 2011

Very nice folks, and very helpful. Very clean and nicely landscaped. The rv site, however, was extremely narrow and we had no space under our awning to place a lawn chair. The site was not level. I also felt like the owners pressured us, to some extent, to stay longer. I'm afraid i'd have to recommend against staying at this park.

• Stayed: August 2011
3  Thank jaybird777
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Our family just got back from tent camping at Smoky Bear Campground in Gatlinburg, TN run by Barry & Chong O'Leary. We camped in an RV site for $5 more per night and it was well worth it for there was no internet signal in the tent section. We stayed in site #38 in between 2 beautiful cabins. The site was perfect as there is paved road around the campground and round pebble stones on each site so our tent was practically as clean on the day we left as the day we first set up. In other words, the stones did a super job from us tracking dirt in and out of our cabin and we stayed there 5 nights! ADVICE: I'd roll up towels and stuff them on all edges of the tent if you are expecting rain to soak up water instead of it getting on your bedding in the middle of the night. Each morning you lay your trash out by the road and Barry or his staff pick it up for you. The FREE wi-fi signal was super and the pool was nice and clean. My daughter said the restroom was luxury compared to any campsite she has been to in the past. The owners do a super job keeping the facilities clean. There is a basketball court, playground and a hot tub and swimming pool for kids (deepest is 5 feet). We were impressed and I bumped into campers who had been at the campsite 4 or 5 times already so that tells you something right there. I would definitely recommend this to any of my friends!

Room Tip: Book early as they fill up fast.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank KyTravelingFamily2
Reviewed 11 July 2011

Clean, updated and friendly. We were welcomed with open arms. Facilities were clean. Had all the amenities we wanted. WiFi service was not reliable at our spot. Our site was also a bit narrow causing some difficulty getting in and being able to set up our awning.

Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would recommend the Smoky Bear to others.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 20 June 2011

I searched several websites before deciding to take a chance on Smoky Bear Campground. This was our first "camping trip" to the Smokies and we brought our 10 year old granddaughter and her friend for a week long vacation. My husband and I loved the campground. Sites were not crowded and all were shady and extremely well maintained.
Not surprised it has a 5 Star from Good Sam. Hope to return again to the Great Smokies and will definitely camp at Smoky Bear.
Wanda & Tom M.
Laurel MS

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank grannyLaurel
Reviewed 16 June 2011

Stayed here for a long photography weekend of the Smokys this past weekend. This was my second time staying in one of their lovely cabins. First was in smaller one room cabin with a bathroom. This one, the "Honey" cabin, had a seperate queen bedroom, a nice sized bathroom with a shower, a futon in the living room and a king size mattress in a loft, and a nice kitchen with all appliances. The place was decorated nicely, and the kitchen was stocked with pots, pans, silverware, the works. It was definitely a home away from home. Even had a TV with a couple chanels and a sliding doorwall wih a nice little deck with chairs! It had just been built a couple years ago and still looked just built. I cannot say enough about the cleanliness of the entire campground. EVERY site has some sort of landscaping with flowers and lots of gravel to keep the mud away!!!! It is a small camground which I prefer. The bath house and bathrooms are the cleanest of any campground I have ever stayed!!! It is out of town about 15 minutes or so, but well worth it!!! Chong is SUPER nice and helpful!!! You will not be disappointed!!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends