“Best Coconut Shrimp!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 18 May 2015

This is one of the restaurants on my Husband's list of places to go in Gatlinburg, and he was NOT disappointed! I have eaten at the Bubba Gump's located in Breckinridge, so this was my first time here as well. We came for lunch on a Thursday and were greeted twice and taken right to a table with our two young boys. The server was great and very friendly, being extra attentive to our little guys. We loved the atmosphere and the quiz of the movies! The kid's meals were served with cute little "Jenny" boats and I ordered the coconut shrimp which I devoured. I am normally not one to order this item, but at the time it sounded good and it exceeded my expectations. I love the gift shop too! It's such a fun restaurant.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,804)

Reviewed 18 May 2015 via mobile

I've been to one in Orlando, FL and it was great. So, I expected the same. It was good, don't get me wrong, but it was too much for show. We figured that it was going to be expensive, but we at least expected bigger portion size considering the prices.

Reviewed 16 May 2015

This was the second Bubba Gumps that we've been too, the first being Daytona Beach. The service was great, however, the portion sizes were very small.

Reviewed 16 May 2015

Have been to Bubba Gumps in Maui and my wife likes going, so when she saw it in Gatlinburg, we went. For me, it is too commercialized with using trite 20 year old slogans and other stuff from the movie, to "entertain" the customer and charge a higher price than what is deserved for the food. We had to wait about a half hour to be seated. Our waiter was pretty good, he low keyed the Bubba Gump stuff, which was fine with us. Wife and I split a salad which was decent, I had a bowl of gumbo, which was great and we ate 1 and 1/3 pounds of shrimp, which was average. Also had a glass of beer which wasn't anything to write home about. While the service and food was good, our bill was about $25 more than had we gone to a restuaurant we thought was better. Chalk up the $25 to pleasing the wife.

Reviewed 15 May 2015

Was wonderfully entertaining to see all that was in the restaurant that was related to Forest Gump. Food was great.