“Great service!”
Review of Pier Oyster Bar

Pier Oyster Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Pier Oyster Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #122 of 1,000 Restaurants in Greensboro
Reviewed 22 October 2018

Went for a light dinner. Oysters and craft cocktails, really nice. Super service, would definitely return.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 17 September 2018

This was my second visit to Pier and have loved it on both occasions. There are affordable options on their menu which my wife and I took advantage of as we split an awesome lobster roll and the calamari. The calamari was very meaty and not of the overly fried variety that is so often the norm, and the lobster roll was special in that it was on an incredible bun that was toasted and buttered just right. The roll came with fries, but we substituted slaw, which was some of the best I've had in GSO, and is an indicator of a truly good seafood restaurant. Pier also has a really good draft beer selection. On this night, I chose the New Sarum Blood Orange from Salisbury, NC, which I had never seen on draft before. Another indication to me that Pier is doing a good job, and is why I will be back soon and recommending to my friends and anyone else who will listen!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

We visited with friends recently on a quiet night downtown. The restaurant was not crowded, which gave me pause, but no need to worry! The food was outstanding as was the service. I had a “small plate” of catfish, grit cakes, and collards that was plenty of food for a hungry guy. My wife had the Wahoo special and thoroughly enjoyed it. My catfish was spicy and paired so well with the 3-pepper collards. Her wahoo had pickled vegetables that added a unique and tasty aspect to the dish. A great experience. . . we will definitely be back!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

Oh my goodness! The raw Gulf oysters on 1/2 shell were absolutely fantastic! We ordered more of the speciality oysters, BluePoint and Harkers Island, and they were so delicious and flavorful! My husband ordered a small plate, grilled calamari steak, and it had outstanding flavor and was so tender! The local craft beer was cold and excellent, the music was fantastic for the setting, and our waitress was very helpful and attentive!! We will definitely be back!!!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

Stopped in for dinner while in Greensboro NC.
Waitstaff were friendly and courteous.
Not sure what blend of tea they use. But it was great.
Only negstive:
Took a long time to get my food.....
Otherwise, nice place to go...

Date of visit: July 2018