International Civil Rights Center & Museum

Ways to Experience International Civil Rights Center & Museum
from US$18.00
More Info
1,660 results
All reviews lunch counter guided tour sit ins jim crow eye opening woolworth building african americans powerful experience excellent tour american history young people college students learning experience an excellent job own pace visiting greensboro field trip
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 April 2022 via mobile

Definitely find time to visit when you’re near Greensboro. Informative video and exhibits and very knowledgeable staff.
We upgraded to a staff led tour in hopes of getting as much information as possible, and Dillon did not disappoint! While a portion of the exhibit may be hard for some people to see, I believe everyone should see it. Walking in and seeing the lunch counter where it all began took my breath away. I felt as though I had gone back in time.

Date of experience: April 2022
3  Thank WVKate032
Reviewed 30 March 2022 via mobile

I was in town for the Women”s March Madness games. During downtime I decided to visit the museum! I elected to pay for a guided tour with a staff member. My docent was Jeanne Dublin. Jeanne explained the expectations of the museum, the guest and what she hoped I would gained educational wise. I was taken aback! The photos and artifacts were captivating as Jeanne explained the historical significance! The reenactment of the planning of the sit-in were formable. It help set the stage as you entered the actual replica of the Woolworth lunch counter. As the tour ended I gain more knowledge about civil rights march. The tour I selected took about 2hours. I had parked at a metered and needed to be mindful of my time.

2  Thank Trip446583
Reviewed 27 March 2022

Robin was a FANTASTIC tour guide. We upgraded from the self guided tour to staff led. She was knowledgeable, passionate, and very transparent. She taught me so many new things (I thought I knew my history but I don't) and I captured all of this in my pocket notebook. I cried, laughed, and experienced a range of emotions. This is a must do activity in Greensboro, NC. Robin was amazing! Thank you!

2  Thank TMDevlin40
Reviewed 27 March 2022 via mobile

Amazing guided tour by Ms. Robin! So much history, so much knowledge dropped. A must do when I'm Greensboro!!

2  Thank Lknprk911
Reviewed 26 March 2022

My trip was very educational and interactive. My tour guide was very great at describing the Civil Rights movement with great imagery.

I found the experience to be very interesting and I felt very engaged the whole time.

2  Thank Nomad08704407828