“Old school fish house. We loved it.”

Captain Bill's Seafood & Steak
Ranked #115 of 993 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 8 October 2017

Capt. Bill's Seafood is a Greensboro staple. The ambiance is just what you'd expect: old school charm, a pleasant welcome, great service - and excellent seafood. My wife and I decided to split a large 3 choice combo platter - and couldn't finish everything!

We got fried flounder, fried scallops, and the biggest fried fantail shrimp I've ever seen (they looked like big coconut shrimp - and were prepared perfectly: very tender and tasty). Couple that with a baked potato, fried okra, and several ring hushpuppies - and we were overwhelmed with goodness! Our server was extra good and attentive. And, our order came out quickly - piping hot.

What is not to love? Yes this is an old establishment --- but every restaurant could learn a thing or two from these guys. If you're looking for great fish and nice folks, I highly recommend Capt. Bill's.

Date of visit: October 2017

Reviewed 12 September 2017

I try to visit Capt. Bills Seafood at least once weekly for lunch. Food is always good and reasonably priced. Courteous friendly staff makes customers feel special. Can't go wrong with t by the Alaskian Whitefish & Fries + Sweetened Ice Tea w\ lemon.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 10 August 2017

This restaurant has been in business for over thirty years and has a loyal following, but is a little off the beaten path out West Market Street. We stopped by for two of their seafood specials. We had a fried shrimp plate and Alaska whitefish plate, each for less than eight dollars. They came with slaw, ringed hushpuppies, and fries. The food quality was very high and the service friendly and prompt. The owner at checkout could not have been more genuine or nicer. This is a really good restaurant ... give it a try.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 29 July 2017

Eating at Captain Bill's has been on our "bucket list" and today we finally made it! Now we are so upset with ourselves for having waited so long to eat there- it was fantastic! I ordered the rib eye steak, baked potato, and fried okra. My friend ordered the combination plate- flounder, scallops, shrimp, oysters, and crab. The plate came with hushpuppies, and he ordered pickled beets and applesauce as his sides. There was a short wait for the food- and we floored at how much food there was!! There was enough food on that combination plate for 2 meals! And it wasn't all hushpuppies either! There was one large piece of flounder, and shrimp, oysters, and scallops were piled high! I am not a seafood person, but my friend said this was the best he has ever had- even better than eating seafood at the beach!! My steak was so tender I could cut it with a fork! The baked potato was really good too- not too big, not too small. The meal came with Texas Toast. The fried okra was Southern fried- crunchy and not that soft stuff the Yankees like. This was fried to perfection and not one bit greasy!!
Our beverage of choice was water, and the waitress kept our glasses filled. She made frequent trips to the table to see if we needed anything else. We had wonderful service!
I can't say enough about this restaurant! The food was fantastic- plentiful and it was good! Nothing was greasy, overcooked, or cold. It was perfect! We will be going back again soon- maybe we will see you there!!

Date of visit: July 2017
1  Thank catfish220
Reviewed 4 May 2017

I thought it was a little pricey but when I saw my plate and what all the price included it was so worth it! I got the 3 combination meal, fried flounder, fried shrimp, fried oysters. I assumed I wouldn't get many oysters because they are the most expensive item which is the case with most restaurants, but I was wrong! I got as many if not more oysters than I did the shrimp and thats saying something because I had at least 8 -9 fan tail shrimp. I definitely had more oysters than flounder which was one whole piece (perfect size). They didn't skimp on quanity. I will definitely be eating there and/or ordering taking take out again. It is worth the money! I see many more trips to Captain BIll's Seafood & Steak restaurant. It was delicious!!

Date of visit: April 2017