Villa Vedici(Kampot)
US$20
US$27
US$25
Priceline
Apsara Guest House Kampot City(Kampot)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$5
bARACA rooms(Kampot)
US$11
  • Restaurant
Banyan Tree Kampot(Kampot)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$5
  • Bar/Lounge
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$35
US$29
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 October 2014

I know a room here is very cheap but.....

The whole building is a pretty dour and depressing place. The room we had was very grotty and run down and didn't look like it had had a makeover in about 30 years! The stained wallpaper was coming off the walls and was so poorly lit, we couldn't really see anything! They obviously used to have fluorescent strip lighting in there as the units were still on the wall, but now have a bulb hanging off them instead?! The furniture is very dated but, in fairness, has a certain charm and looks very robust!! Bathroom was reasonably clean but did have a non functional 2nd shower (!?!?) and the toilet cistern was split. The mattress was very comfortable though and I would have got a decent night sleep had it not been so hot. This is entirely my fault, I could have paid for the extra air con. Wifi was decent, although the one we were told to log into was awful. Fortunately, they all have the same password and we found one that worked.

The service was, in my opinion, the worst aspect of this hotel though. When we checked in, the guy on reception just looked for my booking number, handed me the key and that was that. No directions to room, no map, no recommendations, nothing. Pretty disappointing. It got worse later on, we asked him if there was a bar with a pool table nearby, shrugged his shoulders, laughed with the guy next to him, then decided to ignore us entirely and start checking in the tour bus that had just arrived leaving us standing there waiting. Eventually we gave up hoping for a response and left. He perked up when we needed to pay him for soft drinks though, then ignoring the tourists entirely!!

Noise level was very loud throughout the evening and early morning. Luckily we were leaving at 6:45 AM so had to be up early anyway.

Location wise, its pretty decent. The best restaurants are about 10 minutes away.

I fully appreciate that the room was very cheap (which is why I didn't give it a 1*), buts its a pretty dismal place to be. I've paid the same amount for rooms elsewhere (and cheaper) and been far more satisfied with my experiences there. I would recommend finding somewhere else to stay whilst you're in Kampot.

Room Tip: We had 208 and it really wasn't a nice place to be
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed here 3 nights and have no negative comments. My room was clean, no bad smell, comfy clean bed, air con, good WiFi, friendly English speaking staff and everything was done efficiently for $13 a night. I rented a moto for $5 a day and bought a bus ticket to Sinanoukville from them also $5 with no fuss. My room and bathroom was cleaned daily and would recommend and stay again. Its right near the Giant Ibis bus office so just walk across the road and avoid the Tuk Tuk drivers.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Simon W
Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

I hate leaving bad reviews but I'll be honest with my experience.

On our arrival there was no hello, we were only asked if we booked through agoda and handed the key.

First impression of our room was ok, it was massive but dark and sort of felt like being in a old school hotel. However, it seemed like there was a sewage problem and the smell coming out of the bathroom and to the room was horrible. We also had to chase a massive cockroach around the room, but you get these over here so this wasn't a massive issue.

When we checked out in the morning we mentioned to the lady at the desk about the smell but she responded in a way as she knew of the issue.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Really enjoyed my stay here. The staff were friendly although they dont speak much english. It was one block from the river and a 5 minute walk to great resturants. The rooms are big, cleaned daily, with air con, a fan, and cable tv. It was an extrodinary value for the money and a very relaxing stay. Highly recommend it.

Room Tip: The second floor gets better wifi reception.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 February 2013

However I shall.
Our room was a tinder box! We took the fans and had them going all night long. Cockroach in the cupboard and a bathroom that stank of urine. However it was large with three covered windows which kept the neighbours from seeing you in your birthday suit. Shower was permanently cold which was actually a relief!

The staff had absolutely no English whatever. Dinnae bother asking for advice, I almost resorted to miming 'toilet roll' but ended up just buying in the shop around the corner. That was a pest, it's nice to know you can book a bus/bike etc from the comfort of your hotel.

The wifi was poor, but we worked out if you chose number 4 it would work, shame it took us three days to figure it out! No restaurant but they have a fridge with cold drinks and Mary's pie shop is just down the road for a slap up breakfast.

But come on its five quid and a comfy bed however stuffy, we'd recommend it for those on a budget, we stayed very happily for four nights.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple