“Number 1 Warung with great food and service ”
Review of Warung Mekar

Warung Mekar
Ranked #51 of 100 Restaurants in Amed
Cuisines: Indonesian
Reviewed 24 January 2017 via mobile

I ate at Warung Mekar 3 times and each time was a great experience. Made and Putu were so hospitable and the food was excellent on each occasion. I had a great time spending time talking to both and enjoying the food prepared for me. It's easy to miss and walk past but don't, stop by for a meal and a chat and you won't be disappointed. The barracuda is spot on, the chicken the most tender I've ever had and the gado gado delicious. If you're lucky you might get the popcorn - best ever. Try the arak too. You won't regret it.

Reviewed 11 October 2016

Looking for bike rental in Amed, we found that place.
Good price, kind people, really refreshing to meet this familly.
The food is cheap and excellent (one of the best restaurant during my 3 weeks stay in Bali).
Their cousin manage our transfert to Balian foe a good price when we leave.
I recommend without hesitation.
Thanks guys, take care...

1  Thank GacheFoch
Reviewed 28 September 2016

Great food cooked by and served by the owners. Very cheap prices, its my everyday restaurant here in Amed.

Reviewed 30 August 2016 via mobile

We were tempted into this restaurant by the owner but unfortunately we had just had our dinner. He showed such enthusiasm for his menu and told us how he was the chef, working only with his wife. We spoke about his fish dishes and sure enough when we went the following evening he immediately remembered the dish he had recommended; Barracuda with spicy Bali sauce. It was absolutely beautiful. Cooked perfectly and clearly very, very fresh. Too often restaurants are rated for how fast the food is served. I much prefer the style here: where you wait the amount of time you would expect if it was cooked from scratch and can hear the ingredients being chopped in the kitchen. A real hidden gem and should be in the top ten without a doubt. Relax with a Bintang, take your time and enjoy real Bali food as if you were lucky enough to be invited into someone's home.

Reviewed 30 August 2016 via mobile

And by character, I am referring to the cook who owns this Warung with his lovely wife. We were tempted in by their charm and we did not regret it.

Whilst the food took a little while to come, that was simply down to the fact that everything was made from scratch and you really could tell. Fresh fish, spicy sauce, plump rice, all served with care and pride.

"Come taste my food", the owners wife shouted, so we did and I am very glad we did. A real hidden treasure, not to be missed.