“What a character”

Warung Mekar
Ranked #51 of 99 Restaurants in Amed
Cuisines: Indonesian
Reviewed 13 April 2017

Passed this place & we were immediately drawn to the owner. Lovely lady with a cheeky smile & good natured. She had the kind of laugh you were drawn to & couldn't help but laugh with her. Decided to go in for a drink & then we had food. Glad we did. Really amazing home cooked food and amazing prices. Defo recommend.

Reviewed 2 April 2017

Very nice place in Amed, I was there almost everyday! The food is great! Only one staff or two, the owners.

Reviewed 24 January 2017 via mobile

I ate at Warung Mekar 3 times and each time was a great experience. Made and Putu were so hospitable and the food was excellent on each occasion. I had a great time spending time talking to both and enjoying the food prepared for me. It's easy to miss and walk past but don't, stop by for a meal and a chat and you won't be disappointed. The barracuda is spot on, the chicken the most tender I've ever had and the gado gado delicious. If you're lucky you might get the popcorn - best ever. Try the arak too. You won't regret it.

Reviewed 11 October 2016

Looking for bike rental in Amed, we found that place.
Good price, kind people, really refreshing to meet this familly.
The food is cheap and excellent (one of the best restaurant during my 3 weeks stay in Bali).
Their cousin manage our transfert to Balian foe a good price when we leave.
I recommend without hesitation.
Thanks guys, take care...

1  Thank GacheFoch
Reviewed 28 September 2016

Great food cooked by and served by the owners. Very cheap prices, its my everyday restaurant here in Amed.