Anakula Villas
US$119
The ONE Legian(Legian)(Great Value!)
US$29
US$237
US$106
US$249
US$187
Bliss Surfer Hotel(Legian)(Great Value!)
US$202
US$22
US$116
Hotels.com
Ossotel(Legian)(Great Value!)
US$63
US$49
Agoda.com
Mercure Bali Legian(Legian)(Great Value!)
US$48
Mercure
Astagina Resort Villa and Spa(Legian)(Great Value!)
US$63
US$55
All reviewscleaning staffbedroom villaseminyakbalipool
Reviewed 13 November 2014

I stayed at this property at the end of Oct 2014. What you see in the photo's and what you actually get are two different things. Firstly I asked for airport pickup and pre-arranged and confirmed the pickup of our guests that would be staying with us and for us to also be picked up along the way, but after waiting 3 hours in the heat to find out that our guests had arrived and been checked into the property before we did. The grass area around the pool was a bit swampy at one end. Neither of the locks on the Bedrooms were working, but were repaired after we asked. The doors were hanging off the vanity in one of the bathrooms. The sink in one of the bathrooms was covered with Ants. Whenever I was in need of the staff they were never out in the office. The internet was very intermittent and the staff could not understand that we would like the modem to be reset when it wasn't working. This was a nuisance as Wireless Internet was needed to continue ongoing business in Australia. The pool light was not working, so we asked for this to be fixed. It was fixed but continued to flicker throughout our stay. The pool tiles were very slippery and slimy at one end, you had to be very careful when entering the pool. It was advertised that their was sport on the Pay TV as one of our guests was a soccer and footy fan. But none of the Pay Channels seemed to be available. And when we tried to communicate that to the staff, they didn't seem like they knew how to rectify that. The agent that looks after the Villa was very available and returned emails up until full payment was made, but after I had a complaint, I had emailed him twice and have still had no reply. I have stayed at another Villa through this company and my stay there was spot on... so I was very disappointed this time and would have to reconsider staying with the same company again. :(

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anita T
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This villa is really beautiful and looks just like the pictures!! The pool was amazing and we're so glad we went with a private villa instead of a hotel just for the pool.. the villa was serviced daily and the staff were very helpful and polite. The closest beach is Double 6 Beach which is lined with lovely restaurants and cafes. In the 10 days we were there, we didn't get through them all! Special mention to Kuali - delicious food and really cheap but fancy.

The villa had a TV and DVD player so great for kids if you take them. We bought cheap CD's and played tunes through the TV most of the time - it goes pretty loud! Awesome for when you're chilling in the pool with some Bintang's.

Only downsides are:
- Not the best location... it's hard for cabbies to find and 10-15 minute walk to the beach. Granted, there's lots of shops along the way so it's a nice stroll.
- There were 2 roosters right behind our room that went off every 5-10 seconds from 4am through to midday (no exaggeration.. they really were that frequent). VERY LOUD!! I didn't have one full night's sleep in the whole time we were there. Our friends in the other room however, didn't hear the rooster and slept fine.
- Mozzies are rampant and even though we had doors to our room, the mozzies still got through and we had to spray ourselves with mozzie repellent every night before bed.
- Shower pressure was absolutely shocking... very weak. Showers took twice as long as normal just because things like rinsing your hair after washing it was a painstakingly long process.
- Staff were very friendly and helpful, although didn't speak the best English so was quite hard to ask for things.

The suit shop down the road (next door basically) was amazing and we got 4 suits made there - all fantastic. Highly recommend!!

All in all, fantastic villa and really nice. But would probably look for something a bit closer to the beach next time.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Meg T
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Was there in 2010 and recently shared experience with friends who checked out after 1 night. What changes between 2010 and 2014? NOTHING.

Unless you love:
- listening to the call of wilderness all night (the barks of stray dogs roaming the streets outside the villa);
- be in touch with the wild (large rats roaming freely above roof beams, hidden in corners of the villa and running around like they own the place)
- noise polution from neighbours and motorcycles passing the villas that is situated along the side street and the open concept of the villa
- smelly toilets due to poorly maintenance
- knacked air con that sometimes mulfunction
- non-existence staff / service once you have checked in
- worry about your belongings and valuables while out and about

This is a sure winner for any holiday maker who are not bothered by quality, service, security and value.

Room Tip: Watch you valueables and belongings. Bring ear plugs and you must love rats or some call them 'mouses'.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank travel_buzzer
Reviewed 1 November 2013

I would just like to say how very pleased I was with the anakula villas. I come to Bali about 5 times a year as my husband is Balinese we just got married in bali and we stayed in the anakula villas with a group of friends who it was their first time to Bali and they loved their stay. All the staff were sooo friendly the rooms were cleaned everyday with fresh towels. It is such a kool villa to have if you stay in the double villas with a group of friends so much room. I would def recommend staying here as it is very close to everything. When I book my next Bali trip I will be booking with Anakula villas for sure had the best time there. :) I have friends who live in Bali and are wanting to book the Anakula villas for their families after seeing them while I was staying there they were also very impressed.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 September 2013

First time to bali we decided to go with a villa. The villas are down a lane way 5min walk to legian street. I loved everything about this villa, the private pool was my Favourite bit, if I wanted to swim at 11pm at night we could. Villa was very safe security guard was out there from 5pm always helped us with opening our door when we were coming home with loads of shopping. The ladies during the day were lovely always friendly, the other security guards from other villas were all really lovely as we walked passed after being out for dinner. 15min walk down the road to legian beach great shopping along the way. Would highly recommend!
Thanks for a great stay