The ONE Legian(Legian)(Great Value!)
US$39
Bali Cosy Villa(Legian)
US$166
US$120
Agoda.com
Mercure Bali Legian(Legian)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$51
Agoda.com
Bliss Surfer Hotel(Legian)(Great Value!)
US$27
US$22
Priceline
Ossotel(Legian)(Great Value!)
US$68
US$57
US$314
All reviewsbudget hotelcontinental breakfastdeluxe roommin walkrepair
Reviewed 17 May 2010

Booked and paid for 6 nights, photo on the internet was NOT the room we were given, we were given a room that seemed like a prison cell, the extra bed I asked for was put on the floor, I should of looked at the room first before paying, we checked out the next day.
The hotel is hard to find at night as it is off the main street , so I do not recommend for single females to stay, there are plenty more hotels on the main street to stay at the same price that are much better!!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank resa0
Reviewed 16 January 2010

I personally found my stay at the Sayang quite comfortable! Although I was hesitant at first after reading many negative reviews about this place, and my friend having already booked accommodation there, I was dreading staying for the 4 days we had planned but my fears were soon put to rest as I found that I was pleasently surprised and it was not as horrible as some have mentioned!! I was imagining a quite terrible, uninhabitable hotel.

This is budget accommodation and its perfect for the `budget traveller!!' as one reviewer has already said, and this is true. If your after a plush, luxurious, no stained room then go to the Mecure (which was my last night stay in Bali!) anyway back to the Sayang.....I had the basic standard double room with fan, which was fine as it wasn't so hot as night and the fan kept me kool regardless!! The shower is in the bathroom/toilet and it is only cold water, which was not an issue for me as I found myself sweating constantly anyway and the cool water was just right. My toilet worked fine, yes there were stains on some of the towels and pillows etc but they do clean and change your towels everyday, which was a plus as I was not expecting this.

I found 98% of the staff to be quite friendly and some of the others not as welcoming but they could just be having a bad day, who knows?! There is 24 hour security and a safety deposite box at reception so I felt quite safe knowing that my valubles would be fine and I didnt have to worry about them. It is located down a `gang' or alleyway so at night it is quite dark but I went with a friend (we are both female) so it wasn't much of an issue. If I was on my own then I'd probably be catching some type of transport back to my hotel, especially late at night.

The location is perfect!!! Close to everything, the beach, the clubs, shops, restaurants etc etc you name it. There is a good little reggae bar just a few door down which play live music every night and I would suggest to pop in there just to check it out....you won't be disappointed, who knows you may meet `Bob' who may then take you down to the Apache (a much bigger and even better Reggae Bar, and also quite popular with the locals and travellers). Next door is the Midnight special drink cafe, if your game ;-)

Anyway I enjoyed my stay at the Sayang Mertha, the plus being I was expecting too. Its good value for money, excellent place to meet other travellers, the staff do look after you and all in all I would definately stay here again (I paid around $55 US for 4 nights!! via Wotif.com) Excellent value, how you can you complain about the price and expect to be living in a 4/5 star accommodation, my suggestion is too look somewhere else, but if you don't mind not having the little `sugar coatings' I would DEFINATELY recommend this place, especially to the Budget Traveller!!!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends