“Bed Bugs Bite.”
Review of Sayang Maha Mertha

Sayang Maha Mertha
Ranked #84 of 88 Hotels in Legian
Reviewed 22 October 2010

Well we arrived to not so friendly staff. When they opened the door and we saw the room , it was a shock .I coped by laughing and my hubby didn't think it was funny in the slightest .The bathroom was a flushing toilet, a shower hose in front of it and a drainage hole .So if you wanted , you could sit on the toilet ,shower and clean your teeth all at once. As no sink or hot water.You didn't need the hot water ,so that was one less thing to worry about.The bed was suprisingly comfortable ,considering it was wooden slates and thin ply wood on top.Every time my hubby sat on it ,I was sure it would break and we would end up sleeping on the mattress on the floor.The sheets were never changed as we witnessed the staff every morning change the bottom sheet to the top and the top sheet to the bottom .This was rotated every morning.We ended up with bed bug bites as a consequent. I mean it could've been worse as we didn't get sick from malaria or bali belly.So thats a positive!The continental breaky was nice and no complaints there.Location was great as close to shops ,kuta, mata hari and discovery.It was very cheap accommodation 864RP for 8 nights.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 August 2010

Everywhere that had been recommended to me was full when I arrived, so my taxi driver took me here. For the price I paid I can't really complain, but I wouldn't recommend this place. The location was good, being away from the noisy main roads and not too far of a walk to anything. The room was ok for a backpacker, but only one small window would open and the room was filled with naphthalene balls that gave the room a very unpleasant smell that stayed attached to my backpack and clothes for days. The toilet didn't really flush. The bed sheets look like they've seen more than their fair share of sweaty bodies. Construction was going on from 8am till 9pm. The staff were nice, and the free wifi was a good feature. Upon returning to Kuta at the end of my time in Indonesia, I stayed at Aquarius Star for about $1 more per night, and would recommend it instead.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 July 2010

I (20 yr old female) stayed with my best friend (also 20/f) in a delux (though it could have been superior not really sure) room and we had the BEST time
the staff are friendly: housekeeping don't knock on the door and wake you up in the morning - they waited till they saw we had left the room - even if sometimes that meant they had to wait till the afternoon.
we always had a lounge by the pool (which is small and a little dodge but you can always meander to other more pricey hotel pools if you really fancy a good swim)
and we could plug our own ipods into the speakers to listen to what we wanted
the location is amazing maybe a 10 to 15 minute walk to the bounty club/main strip though jumping on a scooter if your feeling lazy
wouldnt recommend a taxi we could walk faster
the little restaurants we discovered down various allyways were cheap and great food
it is also only about a 10 to 15 min walk to the bounty hotel - good to go use their pool haha
keeping in mind that you arent going to be staying in the ritz this was the perfect place
would definitely reccommend it and would certainly go back ... in fact we are next feb!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 July 2010

It was a great hotel. Exactly as it advertised in the website. On the last day they were fully booked and our room had already been taken so they upgraded our room. Nice!

Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2010

There is absolutely nothing redeeming about this hotel save the $1.30 Bintang Beers. It was dirty, noisy, staff were rude and disorganized, food was bad. The only reason we stayed was because absolutely everything was already booked. So happy to get out of that ghetto experience. DO NOT STAY HERE!!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Legian
0.8 km away
0.6 km away
Balisani Padma
Balisani Padma
#82 of 88 in Legian

Been to Sayang Maha Mertha? Share your experiences!