See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 August 2010

Everywhere that had been recommended to me was full when I arrived, so my taxi driver took me here. For the price I paid I can't really complain, but I wouldn't recommend this place. The location was good, being away from the noisy main roads and not too far of a walk to anything. The room was ok for a backpacker, but only one small window would open and the room was filled with naphthalene balls that gave the room a very unpleasant smell that stayed attached to my backpack and clothes for days. The toilet didn't really flush. The bed sheets look like they've seen more than their fair share of sweaty bodies. Construction was going on from 8am till 9pm. The staff were nice, and the free wifi was a good feature. Upon returning to Kuta at the end of my time in Indonesia, I stayed at Aquarius Star for about $1 more per night, and would recommend it instead.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 July 2010

I (20 yr old female) stayed with my best friend (also 20/f) in a delux (though it could have been superior not really sure) room and we had the BEST time
the staff are friendly: housekeeping don't knock on the door and wake you up in the morning - they waited till they saw we had left the room - even if sometimes that meant they had to wait till the afternoon.
we always had a lounge by the pool (which is small and a little dodge but you can always meander to other more pricey hotel pools if you really fancy a good swim)
and we could plug our own ipods into the speakers to listen to what we wanted
the location is amazing maybe a 10 to 15 minute walk to the bounty club/main strip though jumping on a scooter if your feeling lazy
wouldnt recommend a taxi we could walk faster
the little restaurants we discovered down various allyways were cheap and great food
it is also only about a 10 to 15 min walk to the bounty hotel - good to go use their pool haha
keeping in mind that you arent going to be staying in the ritz this was the perfect place
would definitely reccommend it and would certainly go back ... in fact we are next feb!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 July 2010

It was a great hotel. Exactly as it advertised in the website. On the last day they were fully booked and our room had already been taken so they upgraded our room. Nice!

Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2010

There is absolutely nothing redeeming about this hotel save the $1.30 Bintang Beers. It was dirty, noisy, staff were rude and disorganized, food was bad. The only reason we stayed was because absolutely everything was already booked. So happy to get out of that ghetto experience. DO NOT STAY HERE!!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 May 2010

As described, the hotel is about a 10 minute walk from the beach. But the beach is massive, so if you're looking to spend time in Kuta and have nights out there, it's around a 30 minute walk to the centre of town. We ended up getting taxis. The hotel itself was decent, pretty clean and well maintained. The price included a breakfast of toast and fruit juice which was nice. Only downside for us was the fast outside our room was where the motorbikes were parked, so around 6am every morning it got noisy as the surfers left for the day. It also had a small swimming pool which was lovely. Overall, a good place to stay if you don't mind being a bit out of the action.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends