“Loads of improvements to be made”

Sing Ken Ken Lifestyle Boutique Hotel
Ranked #58 of 88 Hotels in Legian
Reviewed 5 November 2017

Stayed in the executive suite for 4 nights.

What I liked: Received a welcome drink, room was extremely spacious, lots of seating areas, huge comfy bed, loads of movie channels on the TV, cute swing chair on the balcony (weather too warm to actually enjoy it properly though), friendly service, accessible location and very close to Double Six beach. gorgeous Instaworthy pool.

What was okay: There were amenities though we had to ask for toothpaste and toothbrushes. Minibar was missing an item when we arrived and we had to inform reception lest they charged us for it. Airport transfer is very pricey (200k for pickup and 100k for dropoff) but thankfully, they did not force it on us.

What I hated: Loads of flies in the lobby while we were waiting for our room to be ready, bathroom was idiotically designed (never have I had such an experience). The rain shower was not working properly and sprayed miniscule jets of water in all directions instead of acting like rain. There was no moveable shower head in that cubicle either, just the rain shower, so it was quite useless. No racks or hooks to place your toiletries either. The bathtub had a tap head and an extendable showerhead, but it could not extend or move that much so we were forced to squat and bend in all weird angles when showering (since the rain shower was even more useless). Really stupid toilet that marred the whole experience.

Quite disappointed by the view because it didn't really face the beach directly, there were roads and buildings obscuring the view, and there weren't any special arrangements or setups even though it was my birthday, not even the swan towels or anything.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 October 2017

Good value for money, only one drawback, the pool is on the roof. But the advantage of that is that there is no one around. You can walk to most restaurants and shops in the area. I rented a scooter and there is free parking below.Staff is also very friendly.

Stayed: November 2016
Reviewed 26 October 2017

We had a few problems with the hotel starting with our pick up organised from the airport not turning up until we eventually got a taxi. On our last night the electric went off at 4am plus the AC with only the electric restored after complaining in the morning. I also found it very strange that the hotel is ran in departments as any request was met by...we will need to contact maintenance, we will need to contact housekeeping etc. I always thought that when you have a request the front desk says yes or no before talking to the different areas. We also asked for a room to shower and change in on our last afternoon which was again met by ...let me phone someone... then a firm no we don't do that?? Eventually I asked for somewhere just to change and shower and the front desk contacted the spa who agreed we could use the facility there. Why didn't the front desk know this anyway?? The pool on our last day was being serviced during the day so out of action without letting any guests know.Why this could not have been done after 6pm the previous night then through the night when it is not needed is beyond me.
Anyway to their credit they apologised for the no show of the car and arranged a return journey back to the airport and they allowed us to stay in the room (minus AC) till 2pm to shower and change. The rooms are fabulous, very clean and the beds with the pillows extremely comfortable. Breakfast is ok and on a set menu basis, the pool is really nice (when it can be used) and the hotel is in an excellent position near Double Six beach.
We enjoyed our stay and would probably stay again if they can run a smooth ship and eradicate the problems.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

My wife and I went for a 1 hour massage today but were very disappointed. The masseuse poked and prodded as if they didn't quite know what to do. We both felt worse afterwards. Was close to our motel but will be going back to the old faithful Grandmas from now on.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2017

Stayed in Hotel in October and found the reviews of this establishment a bit off track. When I booked this Hotel I got in on a sale price so value for money I can not knock any aspect of my stay staff were great and very attentive to any requests. There are quite a few young staff members so from what I can tell the hotel invests in training the staff from a starting point.
As for Breakfast complaints, This can be a low pax hotel so they keep losses to a minimum and for the price range it is on par. From what I could make each morning was more than adequate for a good meal to start the day.
Gym/Spa area is excellent with a large size gym with more than adequate weights (Dumbells no Barbells) plus cable weight setup. Spa has very good pricing.
Pool area is great no swimup bar but the bar is opposite and staff very attentive to bring you your drinks whilst sunbaking..
Rooms are larger than most hotels offer in this price range, the balcony doors offer double galzing so once shut it adequately shuts outside noise. Bathrooms has a weird shower position but hat's all I could find.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo