All reviews atun dive resort trekking astonishing candidasa culture waterfall indonesia retreat jungle pool
Reviewed 29 June 2018

Manggis Dive Resort is paradise. The whole place was built with great taste. The views on Candidasa bay and Nusa Penida are exceptional. The owners Kusmiatun and Bruno are super nice. This is the perfect weekend getaway from noisy and busy Jakarta. Next stay there is already planned!

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Sylvain L
kusmiatun, Owner at Manggis Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2018

Hello Sylvain

thanks for your review about Manggis Garden - it is our honour to make the guest who stay in our place feel homey. and enjoy during the stay.

See you again next month.

we are waiting for you.

Warmest Regards,
Manggis Garden

Reviewed 27 February 2018

This is not my first visit to Manggis Garden and it certainly won't be the last. I love the place.

The hosts, Atun and Bruno, are so welcoming and nothing is too much trouble. There are so many great reasons to stay here; the views, the people, the food, the tranquillity!

This time I decided to do some trekking and get to one of the nearby waterfalls. A guide was arranged for me and it was very reasonably priced and so worth while. He only spoke a little English but that was no issue as he showed me lots of great stuff along the way.

The walk was steep in places and a bit slippy so it's not for everyone. You will get hot and sweaty, you will need water and at the waterfall if you are feeling brave you will be glad of a dip. Make sure you have swimmers, shorts or a bikini on as nude swimming is not allowed.

After that walk it was back to Manggis Garden for a very big lunch and chilling in their pool. Tomorrow I'm going diving with them. Can't wait!!!

Absolutely recommended. 100%

Room tip: Every room is a good room. Ask to see them when you arrive.
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank TartanWanderer
kusmiatun, Owner at Manggis Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2018

Hi Dear

Thanks for your staying with us,

It's our pleasure to make sure that all guests stay with us ... HAPPY

have a nice day

Warmest Regards,
Bruno+Atun

Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

Located in one of the most astonishing area in Bali, Manggis garden dive resort is the perfect place for having an authentic Bali experience:

Lovely cottages, simple, but comfy, clean and well decorated with an incredible view. The idea of having 7 cottages only is perfect to keep your stay very family oriented with this small scale resort.
The advantage also is the location, far from busy roads and busy places but close enough to those areas (10min by car).

We did experience during our stay diving instructions and training and explorations (the owners know the very best places around for diving and snorkelling) , trekking in rice fieds and jungle, resting nicely and enjoying delicious javanese food cooked directly by the owners.

Also we got the privilege to watch an authentic Balinese traditional dance show during New Year Eve organised by the resort, one true and amazing experience.
This place is also perfect for family retreat, best way to disconnect from our busy lifes.
We stayed there two weeks and will come back for sure.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Philippe1973
kusmiatun, Owner at Manggis Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2018

Hello Philippe,

I was wonderfull to have you and family stay in Manggis Garden Diver Resort.
full of laugh, cherish of happines.

see you again

Bisous
Bruno+Atun

Reviewed 29 October 2017

This really is like no place I have ever been. I have written hundreds and hundreds of reviews on many websites but this place really took my breath away. So – I’m going to write a fair bit more than normal because it’s worth it.
When you leave the main road and start driving through Manggis and up the hill in the jungle you really still have no idea just how beautiful this place will be. A haven of tranquillity with outstanding views stretching down to the coast below. Shady trees, paddy fields and photographic opportunities to rival any other location in Bali.
Some people come here just for the peace. Others want to learn to dive, take a further course or just come as a fun diver. Why then would some come this far in land? Well my point of view is that if you have already travelled thousands of kilometres to get to Bali – a few more will not hurt you. In fact quite the opposite – they will benefit you.
I’ve lived in Bali for quite a long time and I seek out new places for weekends away. You can see from my profile how many places I have reviewed here. On balance – this is now my favourite. They can arrange pick-ups, hiking, drivers, diving – pretty much anything. The owners speak English, French and Bahasa. They are well connected in the local community and I sensed a real desire to provide outstanding service over profit. A rare thing.
In the low season you could consider a slight negotiation in price. The Mount Agung news has caused a decrease in business for all hotels and businesses. Be respectful though!
The attention to detail in the various bedrooms is incredible. The bathrooms are light and spacious – many featuring opaque glass walls. Each styled in its own way to showcase a different region of Indonesia. The gardens are stunning as are the views. The pool is used for a leisurely swim and for diver training with a maximum depth of 3 metres.
One of the owners is a Tech Diver and I know how good that makes him as I am a PADI instructor myself.
I recommend Manggis Garden 110%. It is outstanding. You will not be disappointed!

Room tip: The owners are amazing so just speak to them!
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank TartanWanderer
Reviewed 22 June 2017

We loved so many things about Manggis Dive Resort, but what we loved the most was the feeling of being at home. Bruno and Atun were extremely welcoming, full of knowledge of the island's culture and the country's as a whole, and their home cooked food was delicious! My husband was rusty on his diving skills, so Bruno gave him a refresher course in the pool before taking him on an amazing dive while I snorkeled above at the Blue Lagoon (which is only accessible by boat). Bruno's passion for diving and the ocean is contagious. Atun also set up a wonderful hike to a waterfall with a local guide, both her and Bruno took the thinking out of the daily planning of activities and meals, which was great.

The cottages were well equipped, clean, and nicely decorated. We had a very comfortable stay, enjoyed the quiet provided by the surrounding jungle at night, and the spectacular view during the day. We couldn't have asked for better hospitality in such a lovely place that is really off the beaten tourist path. Thank you Atun and Bruno!

Also: Their generosity extended to a rescue mission of a cherished hat that I had left at the previous hotel we were staying at. Atun managed to grab it in Seminyak and get it to us at the Jakarta airport. They worked a small miracle and we were SO grateful!! We hope to come back and visit again in the future!

Room tip: The red and yellow cottages have the best view!
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Daniella V
kusmiatun, Owner at Manggis Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2017

Hello Daniealla and Olivier,

thanks for review - and hoping you that all is okay with your relocation to US. And both of you in good health and future baby as well.

Cheers