1,445 results
All reviews candi dasa day bed seasalt restaurant sea salt restaurant organic garden cooking school herbal tea cooking class alila hotels tai chi sound of the waves afternoon tea by the pool coconut trees deluxe rooms rooms are small executive chef blue lagoon
Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

Me and my friend arrived at alila on a motorcycle and a backpack because we like the mobility of it, we wanna explore the Karangasem and beyond so alila manggis is the place that we choose, but when finally arrived in the lobby, the staff in the concierge area just asked me " hey kalian mau kemana? Or "hey where are you guys going?" Without any greetings etc, and then we've said we will be stay in this hotel, then they asked us what room number?! And I'm just like..wait did he just treat us like we're some kind of thieves!?

So that went into the lobby and the guy were followed us to the lobby, then they asked both of us our ID ( ive never in my life treated like a thieves when i checking in to a hotel), just because we're local and meet the eyes of alilas marketing target' or 'u guys think that we're not dress appropriately for alila' doesn't mean they can do that to us

And the bad service continues on the restaurant, as we ordered our breakfast, the service that the staff gave to me is soooo underwhelming that what they give to the foreigners

I'm not try to make this a racial thing, but please treat us ( a local) the same way u huys treat all those foreigners,that's the fact...I've never feel this kind of embarrassed being as a Indonesian than what I feel when i stay in alila manggis

0,5/10

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Jordi A, General Manager at Alila Manggis, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2018

Dear Dirga,

Apologies from the entire team that you felt that way.

Your perception of how you were treated is of course not our standard of service at all. No matter the country of origin, or look, of anyone, everyone is welcome to Alila Manggis. Let us investigate what happened and what individual addressed you in such way.

I will be contacting you privately. Your e-mail should be in our data base.

Reviewed 11 June 2018

My sister and I spent three lovely nights at Alila Manggis. We loved the service, the staff, the pool and the quietness of the hotel.
The hotel is understated and elegant, rather than over the top and ostentatious.
The food was excellent - delicious and beautifully presented.

Alila is a perfect place to relax and unwind, I'll definitely be back :-)

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Jordi A, General Manager at Alila Manggis, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Dear Anthea754,

Thanks for your wonderful review!

We truly enjoy reading that you and your sister had a lovely time at Alila Manggis and really appreciated our service, the team and the tranquility of the resort. Thanks for highlighting our culinary creations... definitely a great place to relax and unwind!

We look forward to welcome you back, do not hesitate to contact us directly for your next visit.

Reviewed 5 June 2018

This is the first time we have stayed in a resort style accommodation. There is no doubt that Alila Manggis has the wow factor from the time you enter the drive. Beautiful main buildings, landscaping, gardens, lighting, and the setting - set around the large pool, right on the beach, coconut palms etc. The included set breakfast was good, with a range of selections available. The restaurant food is outstanding - we also paid to have the individual barbecue one evening - not inexpensive, but what an amazing experience - our table was set up right on the waters edge, our dedicated waiter and BBQ chef served us a fantastic array of bbq courses - a most amazing setting and dining experience. Worth every cent. All this, a five star plus experience. On the other hand, we have been used to villa style accommodation whenever we have stayed in Bali, so the rooms at first (after our massive Seminyak villa room opening onto private pool etc) seem pretty small for what you pay for them. We were on the first floor, however, with a good sized veranda - the veranda had a huge day-bed on it, and by the second evening, we were enjoying (as were other couples) reclining on the day bed in the evenings looking out over the stunning grounds. The rooms had a slightly tired feel about them too - the rest of the hotel was outstandingly maintained however. The location, too, is not ideal - at least for us - we like to explore the local area on foot. Alila Manggis is not close to any village - so there is no working to local warungs etc. We did walk one day, 2 km or so, along very busy main road (no pavements), to the lovely village of Mendira, wandering down the lovely back streets to the beach at Mendira - actually a highlight of our trip. Hotel does run a regular shuttle into Candidasa and back. The Hotel has a guidebook containing extensive activities they will arrange (diving, fishing trips, visits to temples, local villages etc), for a price - all the prices are in USD, plus 21% tax and service charge, so we didn't avail ourselves with any of these. So I have knocked off a star for location and ease of getting around. But if cost is no object, Alila Manggis is a paradise.

Room Tip: First floor room with balcony.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NZAlec
Jordi A, General Manager at Alila Manggis, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Dear NZAlec,

Thanks for your amazing review.

We truly enjoyed reading how much you enjoyed the overall experience at Alila Manggis, and specially the private BBQ with an exclusive chef and an exclusive waiter. Thanks for the appreciation! We will have to disagree on the location rating ;), we think the location is the best for some other purposes!

Looking forward to welcome you back in the near future,

Reviewed 31 May 2018

Stayed for only one night but with an early check in and maximising the time till leaving the following day, it was a blissful experience. The staff are super friendly, helpful, talkative, and willing to assist at any time.
Loved the grounds and gardens, who are lavish and expansive. Great way to get lost in thoughts and relaxing in this place does not require any assistance.
The pool is awesome, large and never crowded, despite the hotel being full apparently.
Loved to newly opened beach bar. Great place ! You can also have your dinner there which is nice as its right at the seafront and super quiet. An acoustic band was playing some nice tunes!

DIsliked their coffee. Not very tasty, Very watery. Even the espresso was not any better. Breakfast could be better although it was good.

A wonderful place to unwind. Really awesome.

Room Tip: All rooms facing the garden and pool so there is no better or worse. I would suggest the rooms upstairs
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Jordi A, General Manager at Alila Manggis, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2018

Dear Tim B,

Thanks for your awesome review!

We love reading how you maximised your time for such a blissful experience, with our lovely grounds the pool, our newly opened beach bar, and all our culinary creations. We take great note on your coffee comments as is one of our emphasis to have very creamy coffee to be served to our guests. We truly appreciate your recognition of our team and servie!

Looking forward to welcome you back,

Reviewed 31 May 2018

There are many staff that are outstanding. On the other hand I had a very uncomfortable dealing with the man who helped with our bags to our room. My husband was not in the room so after this man put the bags down and showed me the room, I found it difficult to get the key off him. I said thank you, shook is hand, and told him I wanted my key but he would not move and just stood there staring at me and it was very uncomfortable. I don't appreciate being pushed into tipping but it was clear he was not going to leave until I gave him some money. He did not move and we just stood there for a minute until I said 'ok I guess I will give you something' then he was quick to move, take the money and leave the room. I found this extremely unprofessional and will not return for this reason. The wifi is intermittent so if you rely on wifi, you might wish to bring a hotspot modem. We often ran out of shampoo and soap as there was no back up and if the housekeeper forgets to leave extra you run out quickly as you're only given just enough. The AC was not great - the room sat at about 25.5 degrees the entire time.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear traveller1974_9,

Please accept our apologies for such a rare and uncomfortable experience by on of our single hosts. This is a total abnormal behaviour and unacceptable, we have identified the individual and retrained him and start monitoring his performance. Wifi issues during stay came from Telkomsel supplier in all Bali and is been up and running well at the moment. We have shared your feedback with the entire team, including the housekeeping team for not repeating this little mistakes. Our ACs are well maintained and the easily set the rooms at 22C, if an AC has issues and our guests highlights it to our team we are very quick in responding.