Sawah Indah Villa
  • Breakfast included
US$57
US$48
Agoda.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
Amankila(Manggis)
TripAdvisor
Alila Manggis(Manggis)
Hotels.com
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsdeluxe roomriceday bedinfinity poolcrispy duckfamily roomspent nights herebigger portionsour favorite placelarge deckhour hikesmall hotelfirst floorpancakeshomemade breadamazing hotelreception area
Reviewed 10 November 2016 via mobile

Really enjoyed our stay at the Sawah Indah Villa. I would judge this to be excellent value for money.

We stayed for 3 nights in sideman which in my opinion was a good duration. We loved the views of the rice fields and hills in the distance and the infinity pool was a great place to relax. This however has changed a little from the websites photographs and it would appear that the resort has expanded somewhat as well as the introduction of other resorts nearby. Nonetheless, this doesn't detract from what is a beautiful little village that portrays what Bali once was.

The location allowed us to enjoy traditional Bali living and some of the best countryside. We enjoyed walking through the village to nearby rice fields and the local valley.

The breakfast was reasonable and cooked to order. The meals in the evening looked good too and well priced for a hotel resort. I cannot pass judgement on quality as we preferred to eat at the nearby traditional warungs along the road side. They are very authentic, small and generally family run, so I would most certainly recommend experiencing the local food.

Rooms were clean, spacious and the outdoor bathroom was great. I liked the open plan living spaces which were reminiscent of our six senses stay in Vietnam. I would encourage the option of a room above floor level, most have stunning wooden balconies for you to enjoy the views.

My only slight criticism would be staff attentiveness and welcome. Reception staff seemed a little disinterested. Room staff also forgot to replace certain items such as toilet roll and required further promoting when initially asked. Overall however, for the price I cannot complain.

Stayed: November 2016
Reviewed 8 November 2016 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights, booked the deluxe room which wasn't available on check in but we were given the family room which was very spacious, had two connecting bedrooms each with its own bathroom and a separate outside terrace on both bedrooms with plenty of comfortable seating with a wonderful view. It was a beautiful room and would work very well for a family of four. The pool area was lovely with an infinity pool looking towards the stunning view of the rice fields with the mountains in the distance. The breakfast was reasonable and cooked to order, with fruit, juice and choice of eggs, pancakes or cereal. We ate dinner both nights at the resort and the food was excellent and good value. Nice touch that they come to your room beforehand to see if you are eating dinner and take your order and time you would like to eat so it's ready when you arrive. Helpful friendly staff. Would recommend if you are looking for a relaxing few days in the country.

Stayed: November 2016
Reviewed 7 November 2016 via mobile

Rural Sideman, peaceful tranquility. Fabulous little place, food great, staff helpful and friendly. Gardens and pool restful. Very scenic. We absolutely loved it here and will return. Highly recommend.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2016

We wanted to stay in a rural village in Bali instead of the touristy coastal areas for a change. It was beautiful & lush scenery, quiet & clean air. No air con or Tv which was fine but we used the mozzie net & opened the balcony doors for more air flow. The evenings are cooler here & there is a ceiling fan. The bathroom was open air but the water pressure was low.
A great pool with food/drink service via a phone, excellent restaurant & the staff are fabulous. Massage girls need some training.

Room Tip: All rooms have floors but 2nd floor better views
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 October 2016 via mobile

Sawah Indah far exceeded my expectations! It was the cheapest accommodation we stayed in during 5 weeks in Bali and one of the best (equal in my estimation to the most expensive villa we rented). The design of the one bedroom bungalow was really cozy yet spacious and breezy - so much outdoor space with the patio and the bathroom split into indoor and outdoor sections. There was even a fountain next to the outdoor shower. The wooden interior and crisp white finishes meant that we loved coming back to relax in the villa.

The view of the rice fields is impressed upon my mind, weeks after we left. One of the staff, Made, told us that Sidemen is most beautiful in rice season so we should come back another time to see the rice plants waving in the breeze. I loved admiring the vegetable crops they rotate with rice, though - chills, corn, snake beans, eggplant, even tiny pineapples grew on the property!

The restaurant was also gorgeous - on the first floor with hanging vines and the same great views. We really enjoyed the food as well - lots of vegetarian options for us for dinner. We tried other nearby warungs and after waiting over an hour for disappointing food, we vowed not to leave the villa for our evening meal. They have a great system of offering to take your order around 6pm in your room so that food is ready when you arrive at the restaurant at your nominated time. The home baked bread and homemade pineapple jam at breakfast were highlights too.

The ONLY downside I noticed initially is that there are no coffee and tea facilities in the room BUT as soon as I mentioned this to my partner, a staff member knocked on the door telling us it was coffee break time. Every afternoon they offer you free tea or coffee which they deliver with fried pineapple or banana! It's sweet gestures like this that made me fall in love with Sawah Indah. I'd enthusiastically recommend it to anyone and happily stay again.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple