The staff go out of their way to make each guest feel individual and important. On that basis and the wonderful ocean view setting this is a great place to unwind.
However the airport "passport on arrival" setup is third world in the extreme. The greeting and meeting area, car parking and exit from the Denpasar airport are a disgrace.The trip to and from the airport is frustrating and horrendous. It took 2 hours to the minute to travel the 26 kilometres from the resort to the airport at some stages making no ground at all for 10 minutes. Further reading shows that travellers have been complaining about this traffic for years and vowing never to return to Bali. Traffic officers stand by obviously accepting that the traffic is out of control.
While this is not of Pan Pacific's doing it reflects badly on that and other resorts in Bali.
The resort itself is undergoing extensive renovation but even now the rooms are not badly dated. The general swimming pool, bar area etc offer a very relaxing environment.
Happy hour featuring 2 for the price of 1 drinks from 5.30pm to 7pm each night is very popular . The excellent roving string trio stays on through dinner. It seems nothing is a problem for the ever friendly smiling staff.
I will be drawing management's attention to specific areas where I experienced disappointing food. and I am certain that efforts will be made to address that.
Very prompt and efficient free transport is available to and from the adjacent 18 hole golf course. and the pro shop, cart and caddy service are very well run. The excellent award winning course is kept in good condition by a strong team of locals.
Regrettably I will not be returning to Bali. There are a number of other destinations where the tourism authorities know what tourists want and actually encourage tourism.
The resort deserves a very good provided they improve on the food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience a flawless getaway in paradise against the dramatic backdrop of Bali’s iconic Tanah Lot Temple and the Indian Ocean.Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort unveiled a brand new experience for guests with a US$10 million refurbishment of its 278 guest rooms including luxury suites and villas, restaurants, bars and event spaces completed in 2011. The renewed resort, complemented by the uncomplicated service and premium offerings synonymous with the Pan Pacific brand, will enable guests to enjoy enriching and unrivalled experiences.Experience the best location to enjoy a remarkable sunset in Bali with dramatic views of Bali’s iconic Tanah Lot temple, Indian Ocean, rice paddies, Greg Norman golf course and lush tropical gardens. In the resort, you can enjoy cycling around the resort grounds and the Bali countryside, a sunset walking experience with 103 hectares manicured gardens, spa indulgence at the Bale with endless view of the Indian Ocean, exquisite culinary offerings, relax by the three-tiered swimming pools with a 54-metre water slide, and many more activities awaits you. Complimentary shuttle service to Kuta and Seminyak is also provided.Children staying in the resort will be able to enjoy a wide-range of kid-friendly activities and experiences such as; painting, Balinese dancing, jungle gym, tennis, golf, Wii video games at Kids Club and Family Rooms or even join the fun environment activity of baby sea turtle release at the resort beach.Recently, Nirwana Bali Golf Club at Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort received prestigious recognition as Asia’s 10 Most Elite Golf Courses by FORBES Travel Guide, voted 100 Best Golf Course outside the US (no 66) and No 1 Golf Course in Indonesia by Golf Digest-US and Indonesia’s Leading Golf Resort (2010, 2011, and 2012) and Indonesia’s Leading Spa Resort (2012) by World Travel Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Hotel Tabanan
- Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort Tabanan