“Wow.”

Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Tabanan
Reviewed 24 March 2012

This is a great family resort.... huge pools w/water slides, a small sandy soccer area and beautiful grounds to stroll. We had a beautiful room with an incredible view. The staff were happy and helpful. I am an expat living in Bali so I didn't care that the location of this resort was remote - we were only there to spend a few days lounging around w/our kids. Breakfast buffet was okay. But, frankly so much time is spent eating on a holiday that it didn't bother me that it wasn't that great. I thought the breakfast room was beautiful and having the option to sit outside was really nice too.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank dangerkitty18
PPNBR, General Manager at Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2012

Dear dangerkitty18,

We are pleased that you took time to share your stay at the Pan Pacific Bali Resort with our readers on TripAdvisor. We are pleased you enjoyed our pools, beautiful grounds and our employee associates are eager to be of service and appreciate the recognition. They will be very proud of your acknowledgement! We like to say our resort is a private pristine sanctuary, which gives our guests the chance to be surrounded by culture, authentic character and natural beauty.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and we look forward to welcoming you again soon and often. Please call on me when we can be of assistance.

John Berndt

Write a ReviewReviews (1,947)

Reviewed 23 March 2012

My husband and I just got married at pan pacific and couldn't be happier with not only our wedding day but the staff, rooms, facilities, food and service they provided to not only us but our family and friends also.

Attention to detail was perfect. As an ex air hostess I have never experienced a higher level of service or met more genuinely friendly, polite staff, in my travels around the world. No request was too much for them.

We had the misfortune of a tropical storm blowing in just after we had started dancing at our cliff top reception. Rather than ending our amazing day, it brought us closer together, running for cover with the staff to the pacific lounge where they continued to serve our guests, way beyond the call of duty and there knock off time.

You couldn't expect better value for money, especially in the renovated rooms. If you're tempted by the big resorts at Nusa dua reconsider. The rooms are beautiful, as are the views. Having moved on for our honeymoon, I wish we could have stayed longer.

Be aware that you probably won't want to leave the resort except on the short walk to tanah lot temple and markets, as the place is so beautiful and relaxing. The drive to seminyak is about 45mins in traffic, not far, if you do wish to do some shopping or partying. The food and beverage at the resort are fabulous but at international resort prices. I don't mention this as a criticism but just so you know in advance. While this is true, you also know you're getting top quality and not local spirits in your cocktails as we have experienced elsewhere.

Hope this is helpful!

X

Mr and Mrs. Chavez

Room Tip: Ask for newly renovated room. Around the pool is lovely or with a golf/ocean room. If you are gettin...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank AnnaNChavez

Dear AnnaNChavez,

Thank you for choosing Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali to and sharing your wedding experience with us and trip advisor. We are appreciative and encouraged by your entire specific comments, which we are delighted you chose to share. We are pleased and proud of your comments regarding our “more genuinely friendly, polite” staff. Our employee associates will be pleased to note your recognition. We all are driven to deliver good value and memorable experiences. We are pleased you enjoyed.
We look forward to your return as we continue to work on improvements including new bicycles and hope you will choose Pan Pacific Nirwana for regular repeat visits.
Please call on me when we can be of assistance. We look forward to welcoming you back to Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Golf & Spa soon and often.

Reviewed 20 March 2012

A fine hotel, with good rooms, in a very scenic setting with views down to the Temple at Tanah Lot, set rather away from any life and shopping, apart that is from the tourist bargains in the lane leading down to the temple. It is possible to access the Temple from the hotel with a short walk skirting the golf course. Good pools with a waterfall and slides and a happy hour. We found the restaurants particularly acceptable with very stylishly presented tasty dishes at acceptable prices, even the extremely quiet tapas style bar/restaurant which had a very wide range of slightly Spanish small tapas of a high quality.
Our only down side was the special evening with dancing and suckling pig was driven inside by rain, consequently the indoor clients at the evening buffet had access to our pig, consuming most of it at rather lower price than we paid, not really a review item, just a niggle.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank ea217
PPNBR, General Manager at Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2012

Dear ea217,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor we appreciate you choosing us for your holiday in our paradise island. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the magnificent views and vistas to the Tanah Lot iconic Temple. Thank you for mentioning our “stylishly presented tasty” dishes at our Merica and TLC restaurants.

Please call on me when we can be of assistance for your return visit. We look forward to welcoming you back to Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Golf & Spa.

Reviewed 20 March 2012

It was really hard to choose which hotel to stay if it's your first time to Bali.

After weeks of searching & reading the reviews,.. My husband decided to book Pan Pac Nirwana Bali.
I quickly read the reviews from Tripadvisor. Just so curious why so many good reviews, so Instead of the good reviews. I choose to read the Bad one, and feeling worried..."What if.. ", well I just preparing myself

But what makes my husband decided this hotel, is the gooood reviews! (⌒▽⌒)

Yes, I'm glad he choose the right hotel!
It's beyond what I expected.

Not only the view, facilities, but something here.. Really suit our heart. It's so peaceful

Thanks to Pan Pac! We really enjoy our holiday.
We all love the swimming pool, the slides, pool view, the kids club and love the friendly nannies & staffs.

Me, husband, bro n my mom have a peaceful & rilexing time with the serene view surround the hotel.

How tired we're back from the city tour. When its time to back hotel, It's like coming back to "home".

Our room so clean and cozy, the toilet too! The TV and iphone docking were great. And what other awesome thing is: a lot of the USB Port below the TV, HDMI etc. Should bring my Xbox ;)

The only regret we have is: we ONLY purchased the 5 days stay from Agoda, and didn't realized that the breakfast not included. But we still have ala carte in the restos, and everything so tasty!! Especially the ox-tail soup & ayam betutu from the golf resto.

Aaaah We left our heart at Pan Pac Nirwana Bali
Can't wait to comeback again ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ☆彡

Willy Oei,
Singapore

• Stayed: March 2012
7  Thank Escoklat

Dear Escoklat,

Thank you for choosing Pan Pacific Nirwana Resort for your family holiday and taking time to share your experience with us on Trip Advisor. We are delighted you enjoyed our pool, room and its amenities and facilities, as well as our spacious pools with so popular water slide! We appreciate your enthusiastic mention of our Kids Club with friendly nannies and warm courteous Associates. Our team is proud and encouraged to learn of your kind mention and recognition.

Please call on me when we can be of assistance. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Golf & Spa soon and often.

Reviewed 20 March 2012

I decided to stay at this hotel after I had trouble booking a last minute rate with Majapaut Villas. I am really glad we stayed at this all-in resort versus a serviced villa atmosphere.

What I really enjoyed was the hotel was very empty. I think we were told about 30%.

The location was about an hour from the airport and most activities. This was fine for us.

I booked several different room types - including the presidential suite which was extremely large. It was on the 5th floor overlooking the pool. The few kids yelling was a minor disturbance. The room or apartment was nicely appointed. The pics on the website don't do it justice. It was a steal of a deal at less than $400 - and would cost $2-3k in many other spots around the world. I can see where the villas are more popular, but they weren't discounted.

The presidential suite does have an adjoining room that can be booked to make this a true 2-bedroom. This wasn't explained when we called as we actually wanted this....so this was good for us when we got there.

The club benefits was ok. They have a fixed menu which limits your choices. I guess I found this a little less desirable to the Mandarin Oriental club - which nobody has come close to duplicating. The lady in the club with the big smile was extremely nice. I hate that I don't remember her name. The entire hotel had superb attitudes. Indonesians in general are some of the nicest people (something Singaporeans can come study).

We did stay in a gazebo at night at the club and ordered drinks. This was awesome. Nothing could be more romantic and a must-do on your list.

I ordered room service for breakfast most mornings and loved it. I just enjoyed waking late and having breakfast ready for me and not rushing to the cow pin buffet. My employees took the buffet each morning and enjoyed it.

Dinner at night was ok. We ate at the pool and the Merica.

We walked to Tanah Lot and visited the shops. That is a nice bonus to be so close and easily accessible. I didn't really understand the temple since we couldn't visit inside. I was like where is the entrance?!

I visited the gym and ran on the treadmill. I liked the spa and the lockers. It was very well appointed. I tried to order a drink at the tennis bar and it took like 20 minutes and I just left.

The pool design is a class act. It's rolling levels and diverse lay-out is masterfully designed.

All-in-all this was a very nice hotel. I normally would stay at the Grand Hyatt or a true 5 star hotel. But this hotel really met my expectations in all areas - for about half the cost. I had to book 3 rooms, so I was concerned a little about the price. This hotel has got to be one of the better deals for a 4.5 star hotel on bali.

If you are on a budget and want a super hotel, then this is it. A perfect 2-3 night self-contained resort hotel. Just go there to chill for the weekend.

Room Tip: Get a pool/ocean view to hear the waves crash against the shore. Or get a golf view for more quiet...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
8  Thank Indo-bule
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tabanan
6.5 km away
6.7 km away
THE HAVEN SUITES Bali Berawa
24.9 km away
The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa

Been to Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort? Share your experiences!