Friends recommended Pan Pacific Nirwana repeatedly. So after some deliberation, decided to give it a go, despite it exceeding my usual economical resort stay budget.
Pan Pacific Nirwana has 4 key physical features in its favour: the sheer expanse of walking space in the resort grounds, the jaw-dropping seaview, the pools and the cabañas. While you don't get the usual easy access to a beach (unlike in Seminyak or Kuta), the landscape and rhythm of the resort has enough to offer to lull you into just staying within Pan Pacific Nirwana without needing to venture out.
The grounds are a stroller or flâneur's dream, be it in the morning or evening for golfers or just guests. The resort is perched on cliffs overlooking pounding waves and a sea that stretches unobstructed far and very wide. The warungs nearby - a mere 5mins walk (15mins under the relentlessly and blazingly hot sun during my stay 7-10 Apr) offer amazing hilltop views of Tanah Lot temple and the thoroughfare below, while you tuck in local fare and sip mocktails (getting a tad pricey).
The pools - they have 5, all irregular in shapes and sizes, tiered and multipurposed for kids and adults with built in slides, jacuzzis and massage waterfalls - are a magnet for just lazing the day and evening away with its tantalising bed-sized lounges and F&B ordering service.
Admittedly, the F&B is really expensive and needs considerable improvement (my BBQ spare ribs from the poolside was overly dry and tough) but the portions are huge - I took more than an hour just the main course. Likewise the resort restaurant Driftwood (my lamb rump was rather burnt) and Merica the breakfast restaurant, both very exorbitant and average in taste, quality and preparation. But the al fresco view at Merica at breakfast is to die for - go early and grab a table nearest to the koi pond and breakfast to the sights of pounding waves from afar Tanah Lot temple.
Friends were raving about the cabañas - and rightfully so. What is there not to like as you lounge and laze in a cabaña on a king-sized bed that overlooks the sea below, listening to waves and wind, as you surf the Internet on free WIFI that's available everywhere within the resort.
The room is a dream - they already processed a free upgrade for me to the 5th level even as I asked how much to pay for an upgrade - with ample space and a generous balcony. The view overlooked the pool and the sea. Service was impeccable and top-notch, from the concierge who showed me to my room, to the bellhop who sent me off. Attentive and comprehensive.
My only gripe was they overcharged me for the last breakfast by an extra SGP10 or so. But by the time I checked, I was already at the airport.
But all in all, it was a truly relaxing and rewarding stay that calls for a return trip soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience a flawless getaway in paradise against the dramatic backdrop of Bali’s iconic Tanah Lot Temple and the Indian Ocean.Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort unveiled a brand new experience for guests with a US$10 million refurbishment of its 278 guest rooms including luxury suites and villas, restaurants, bars and event spaces completed in 2011. The renewed resort, complemented by the uncomplicated service and premium offerings synonymous with the Pan Pacific brand, will enable guests to enjoy enriching and unrivalled experiences.Experience the best location to enjoy a remarkable sunset in Bali with dramatic views of Bali’s iconic Tanah Lot temple, Indian Ocean, rice paddies, Greg Norman golf course and lush tropical gardens. In the resort, you can enjoy cycling around the resort grounds and the Bali countryside, a sunset walking experience with 103 hectares manicured gardens, spa indulgence at the Bale with endless view of the Indian Ocean, exquisite culinary offerings, relax by the three-tiered swimming pools with a 54-metre water slide, and many more activities awaits you. Complimentary shuttle service to Kuta and Seminyak is also provided.Children staying in the resort will be able to enjoy a wide-range of kid-friendly activities and experiences such as; painting, Balinese dancing, jungle gym, tennis, golf, Wii video games at Kids Club and Family Rooms or even join the fun environment activity of baby sea turtle release at the resort beach.Recently, Nirwana Bali Golf Club at Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort received prestigious recognition as Asia’s 10 Most Elite Golf Courses by FORBES Travel Guide, voted 100 Best Golf Course outside the US (no 66) and No 1 Golf Course in Indonesia by Golf Digest-US and Indonesia’s Leading Golf Resort (2010, 2011, and 2012) and Indonesia’s Leading Spa Resort (2012) by World Travel Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Hotel Tabanan
- Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort Tabanan