“Very nice to visit on your way to/from the north of Bali”

Bali Butterfly Park
Book In Advance
More Info
US$43.00*
and up
Terrace river swing butterfly ubud hot spring...
Ranked #6 of 70 things to do in Tabanan
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I really enjoyed walking through this park. an employee showed me around in the area where the butterflies are born which was very interesting to witness. They have some very nice butterflies and if you can't manage a good close up, they have a lot of butterflies in the museum at the end. They also have some stick insects, scorpions, beatles and spiders in vivariums. The only small downside was the price in my opinion. I had to pay 85.000Rp, and the place is not very big. You will have seen it all in around 30-45 minutes depending how quick you are of course.

All reviews
"worth the trip"
in 5 reviews
"two hours"

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We have been visiting this park for 5 times since 5 years ago. My sons 9 and 4 years old.The park itself is reasonable but the past 3 years we always been treated very bad by the staff. They are only friendly to foreigners. We are from this region and they did not even bother to look at us and simply showing his arrogant. The restaurant in this part is terrible. I hope the owners of this park pay attention. You should train your staff to be friendly to foreigners as to locals as well. Five time visits getting worse every year !

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It is definitely worth a trip to the Bali Butterfly Park. Apart from wandering in the gardens and having magnificent specimens land on you or just watching them flit around everywhere, you actually see every stage of the butterfly's development. There is a well-equipped "nursery" with assistants to explain everything.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our guide took us here as our first stop on my birthday. The staff were so lovely and the enclosure was amazing. So many butterflies. My daughter and I were able to catch them on our hands and we even held the giant moths and stick insects.
This was a great experience and we all really enjoyed it.
The restaurant attached was also incredible

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We started our Bali sightseeing with Butterfly Park at Ubud. It was one of the best attractions of Ubud, Bali. The place is really great with many varieties of butterflies and moths around. There is a space inside with attendants (pupa room) where you can see Snake head butterflies (very large ones) and take them into you hand. The amazing butterflies flutter around you and at times sit on your hand. You may just follow the path. The entry fee of about 40-50000 (I forgot the exact amount) per person is to be paid at the entrance which includes an welcome drink. You can spend about one hour looking at various types of butterflies and follow the path properly laid out inside the garden. It was a real good experience.