“I saw the coffee making proccess”

Basanta Agro Organic
Ranked #1 of 19 Restaurants in Tegalalang
Description: *vegan Restaurant *luwak Coffee *organic Plantation *cooking Class
Description: *vegan Restaurant *luwak Coffee *organic Plantation *cooking Class
Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

In here, I saw how to make a civet coffee and then I can taste it.
The scenery is so amazing with the cool atmosphere of tegallalang village

Reviewed 6 February 2018

It was Jan. 18, 2018, our third year anniversary, when we arrived at the Basanta Agro Organic at Tegallalang, a district in the Gianyar Regency, Bali, at around 4 pm.

A few steps inside, and we knew it was the perfect choice to set the mood for an evening of pure bliss and romance. We were greeted with a smile, a gesture that we have come to love after our stay in Bali.

The lady who greeted us gave us a short tour of the property. We saw the Asian palm civet, whose love for coffee cherries has produced one of the most expensive coffees in the world - the Kopi Luwak.

We saw coffee beans being roasted. We noticed the man roasting the beans, calm and composed, always smiling and posing for a photograph. Next, we were taken to the Jineng, adjacent to the rice field. The coffee tasting session began. I even ordered an extra Luwak coffee; the sweet lady convinced me.

The myriad smells of the agricultural produce, the coffees, the greens, made us hungry. My wife straightaway went for a Tropical Fruit Juice. But I wanted to try a local dish. A quick sift through the menu, and my eyes focused on the Vegan Nasi Campur, which is basically steamed rice, accompanied by red bean fritter, Pepes, bean curd & tempeh curry, and assorted vegetables, served with chayote squash soup. Pepes are mushrooms, Kelor/Moringa Oleifera, and bean curd, cooked inside the banana leaf.

We didn't take much time lapping up the dishes. Next stop was their coffee/ tea store. We obliged the staff. Purchased a number of packets, and bid goodbye to an experience we'll relive once again!

Ambiance:
The all-encompassing greenery. The smell of coffee, ginseng, ginger, clove. The coffee-roasting hut. Smiles everywhere. The cool breeze. Stunning views. The chirping birds. Everything is great about this place.

Food:
Strictly vegan. Good taste.

Drinks:
Basanta knows how to make great coffees. The coffee-tasting session was utterly delightful! Try their Dragon Fruit Juice too!

Staff:
Helpful. Friendly. Sweet. Informative.

Coffee/Tea Store:
If you are a coffee/tea lover, you will find it hard to resist!

I highly recommend Basanta Agro Organic.

1  Thank Roy R
Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

Coconut and luwak coffee taste good. Tasting area has a very good scenery facing rice field. Clean and nice air

Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

Had an amazing morning flow yoga class with Gina!!! What an incredible view to go along with it! Couldn’t be happier and the weather was perfect is well. Gina is an absolute sweetheart and such a great teacher!

Reviewed 30 October 2017

Located about 30 minutes away from the center of Ubud, this agro organic plantation offered breathtaking view, with friendly staffs and lovely vegan foods. They also started to offer morning yoga classes on site, in an open air shala with spectacular forest view. Worth the trip..