“One of the better chinese restaurant in Mandaue”

Tao Yuan Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 88 Restaurants in Mandaue
Cuisines: Chinese, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 May 2016 via mobile

Mandaue City is still part of Cebu Province but compare to Cebu City, good restaurants are rare in this area, especially good Chinese restaurants.

Tao Yuan was opened a couple of years back inside J Center Mall and it has already attracted a following because it serves authentic Chinese dishes. This is the first time I visited the place since its a bit far from Cebu City so given a chance to try their food, they did not disappoint me.

Their seafood pumpkin soup is one of the best pumpkin soup I have tasted. A must try is also their fried pigeon (wasnt able to take a picture because you have to consume the pigeon hot) The taste of the fried pigeon is the same as the fried pigeon served in Hongkong. Hand down they have d best fried pigeon in Cebu.

Their price point is a bit higher compare to other Chinese restaurant, but their quality is incomparable. I suggest you give this place a try especially for those who love Chinese food.

Reviewed 28 April 2016

We came here as family with my sisters from abroad and my eldest sister's husband. He is a foreigner and I do not know what is with people that they stare at us like we are bring home of the pocket of this man's white skin. They did not know that it is us, me and my sisters who paid the bill and not the white guy. We earn better than him anyway. What is up with the servers? The food is average. I have tasted better chinese cuisine from all around the world. The price is good. I like the fish fillet hotpot but it would have been better if they have the traditional rather than having fried ingredients in a hot pot. Overall the food is average. Just be careful with the staffs, they have free time talking around the corners and having the luxury of chitchats.

Reviewed 6 April 2016 via mobile

The family really enjoyed all our selections and their menu gives you a nice variety to choose from. The typical selections in a Chinese restaurant, but the chef did each dish justice above the average. The service was the big story here, fast, efficient and friendly; their attention to the customers made you feel welcome. All of this inside J Center Mall which was out of the ordinary offerings in most malls.

Reviewed 22 March 2016

Interestingly the Tao Yuan seafood restaurant offers the best possible Chinese dining in Mandaue. Its authentic Shanghai cooking is managed by Jpark Island Resort's Chinese Sous Chefs ensuring that all servings are at par with world-class resort standards. If you are out to impress, this is one of the best restaurants you can dine.

Reviewed 23 February 2016

Great authentic Chinese food in Cebu! Its my 4th time and the same friendly staff I met, very comfortable place to dine in. Quality Price for a Quality food.