“Affordable Girls Weekend on the Lake”

Clarion Resort on the Lake
Ranked #17 of 45 Hotels in Hot Springs
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

This is an older hotel but seems decently maintained, except for the ladies room in the lobby. Of 4 stalls, only one had a light and was in working order. So, needless to say that sort of set the tone. The hotel lobby is small and the areas are dark. We arrived close to 1pm and were hoping to check in at that time but was told our rooms were pretty dirty and to come back after 4. We arrived later and we were able to check in. The staff was nice but a bit overwhelmed. They could've used an extra hand at check in time. We were given rooms right next to each other with balconies where you can sit outside. The pool area was nice and roomy. I though that this was a good value. There were some questionable characters hanging around the restaurant so I don't think I'd feel comfortable eating there, but there's a wonderful breakfast across the street and a great dinner place located on the other side of the bridge. I would stay here again if I didn't want to splurge.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Clarion on the ... H, General Manager at Clarion Resort on the Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Thank you so much for the in-depth feedback on your stay! It is great to hear that overall you enjoyed your time with us! Please be advised that we have taken care of those bathroom lights! Classics, our hotel restaurant, is a fantastic place for breakfast, lunch and dinner that welcomes all of our guests. We do recommend that you give it a try on your next stay with us!

Reviewed 12 October 2017

I went with a co-worker to make sales calls in Hot Springs, AR this week. He told me he had a great hotel that was priced reasonably. Upon arrival it appeared to be a clean and well maintained older hotel. The check in was easy and quick and our rooms were available. The location on the lake is beautiful. My room was clean and had a nice little private balcony with a decent view of the lake. The bed was comfortable enough for the night and the towels clean. The main complaint I had about the room was that the shower head was too low and being average height I had to duck down to wash my face and hair. All that being sad I would definitely come back and would love to bring the family next time.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank kingofthehill81
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

I would say this was a very good stay breakfast was always great in the morning what you ordered in and they delivered to your room. The staff was very nice the room was always clean our maid went above and beyond, down to the extra coffee and hair conditioner she was fantastic come Sunday though there apparently was a woman strung out on meth that was trying to jump off her fifth floor balcony I spent an hour talking to her trying to convince her not to jump off the balcony onto my girlfriends hood of a truck with the aid of a wonderful man that I was working with he ordered her breakfast and finally got her to unbarricaded the door with all the furniture that she push up against it I would not have issue with this until I talk to one of the front desk staff and said it was the same woman that did the same exact thing last year I'm thinking that they need to have this woman's name on a list and photograph so that she does not disturb everybody else. I will stay there again because it was lovely waking up in the morning to a beautiful view and breakfast delivered to my room

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Holiday Inn Exp... H, General Manager at Clarion Resort on the Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Thank you so much for the feedback regarding your stay. We want to make sure that all of our guests know that we are sorry for the inconvenience caused by the guest you spoke of and that the staff and local police have taken action to assure that they will never be allowed on property again. We hope we have you back again soon an have a great relaxing stay from start to finish with us!

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

It was outdated, dirty and when we went to the restaurant there were nats coming flying out of the beer cooler at the bar. When asked to up grade they acted like it was a huge ordeal. Probably won't stay there again

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Holiday Inn Exp... H, General Manager at Clarion Resort on the Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to leave us feedback regarding your stay. We apologize if you experienced anything than the best stay possible. We will certainly take a look at the issue you mentioned at the bar area and make sure that is rectified. Please note on busy group event weekends, upgrades may not be possible and we ask guests to book the room that they are wanting to stay in to assure that they in fact have the room reserved. We hope to have you back again with us on your next stay!

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here our 2nd anniversary. Rooms were clean and staff were nice. They do not serve continental breakfast which was a little disappointing. They do have a restaurant down stairs but we didn't go there. You are paying a higher price because of the location near the lake. There were some pretty views. The thing that bothered me the most was the smell of smoke. When we walked out of our room you could smell smoke from rooms on that hall that allowed it. One room in particular at the end of the hall smelled strongly of marijuana. They might want to also do some work on their deck for the lake. We walked out and several of the boards were rotting badly. Be careful where you step out there. But It was a pretty view.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple