“Great BBQ!”
Review of 5 Star Korean BBQ

5 Star Korean BBQ
Ranked #525 of 1,023 Restaurants in Madison
Reviewed 14 July 2017

The atmosphere was bright and airy. We ended up getting both of the BBQ plates and they were great! The server came to our table and cooked it there in front of us on our little grill. It was awesome! Their sides they give us change every time but the radishes were particularly amazing. Added an extra zing to the meal. Definitely going to go back.

Reviewed 16 April 2017

Went to check out the relatively new place in town
(I think it opened about a year ago.) Had heard the food was good. Ordered a spicy chicken dish that was excellent and tofu bebimbop also excellent. You wouldn't know from the name of the restaurant that they serve seafood (squid) and tofu. So non red meat eaters can easily find something to eat on the menu.

Reviewed 21 February 2017

Went for dinner. Place was a little busy but only one table in the second section occupied. Nothing special about the decor or ambiance that I could see or feel.
We ordered but my wife wanted to sit in the other section because we were seated next to the door and it was drafty every time someone went in or out. When I asked they said no. Evidently I had already ordered and since I ordered they wouldn't be able to find me since I ordered at this table and the computer couldn't be changed. Speechless. Wow. How do you even respond to that. Several times they came out with plates and went back in to ask where the dish was going. Chaos and unorganized. My dish came out and 20 minutes later my wife's came out. Bi bim bob for me with the bulgogi. Tiny amount of bulgogi in mine,really small amount. I asked for more side dishes and all we got was kimchi, good but was looking for more than that. Side dishes have never been an issue before at other Korean restaurants. And if they don't want this to happen then they should serve both dishes to both people in an appropriate amount of time.

They found me when they delivered the bill though!

Over all, kind of disappointment. Could be Sooooo much better.

Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

First timer for Korean food, but went with a friend from Koreatown in LA. He said the food was very authentic. It was sooo tasty. We got the kimchi pancake, bulgoki pork, and budae jigae. It was all delicious.

The service was warm and friendly, but they did seem a bit scattered at times. No big deal though--just walk up to them and remind them if it seems like things are taking a while, and they'll sort it out.

Worthy any wait though. The food was amazing.

Reviewed 15 January 2017 via mobile

We sat and waited one hour 40 minutes after ordering. No food, no service. Perhaps the oddest restaurant experience we've had in Madison. We arrived at 6 pm left at 7:45, the 'closed' sign was on the door.