“Something for everyone ”

Daisy Cafe and Cupcakery
Ranked #8 of 28 Dessert in Madison
Price range: US$2 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 23 March 2017 via mobile

From vegans to carnivores, the menus at this neighborhood mainstay have something to please any taste. Huge selection for breakfast and lunch, six types of meatloaf, oh yeah and the cupcakes! (Including a variety of GF choices. ) We always enjoy coming here.

Reviewed 9 March 2017

Went to the Daisy Cafe to look for options for wedding cup cakes. Had a sampling of 6 different ones and they were very tasty. Offered many colors, frosting types, and sizes which gave us lots to think about. The server was extremely helpful. May very well have found our vendor for the wedding cup cakes!

Reviewed 14 February 2017

Sunday brunch at the Daisy Cafe is busy and so loud that it is painful. We waited over 30 minutes for our table in an overcrowded and message lobby area. Others left rather than wait for a table. We were seated in the back area, which we thought would be quieter than the very noise front area, but it was not. The restaurant is so loud when busy that is makes it very difficult to enjoy your meal, unless you like that type of atmosphere. Our breakfast entrees were tasty, but not worth bearing with the painful decibels. We were also disappointed by how messy the bathroom area, kitchen and waiting areas are. They look very disorganized and cluttered.

Reviewed 19 January 2017

The name is cute and they had a fantastic review on their Sloppy Joe. First, the menu called it a Sloppy Jose. WHAT? not what I was expecting or hoping for. It (the Sloppy Jose) was BIG and had taco meat and came with one of four sides to choose from. I don't think I would have it again, well I'm sure I wouldn't. I want a Sloppy Joe to be a Sloppy Joe. Nuf said there. Service was spectacular. As first timers in this establishment we had a bunch of questions, and all were met with a smile and enthusiasm. No patronizing looks when we asked dumb questions. Thank you very much. My wife had one of the best sandwiches ever, so that takes it up a notch. The menu was extensive, so if in the neighborhood I would likely visit again. As for the decor, it is clearly in the Madison, Wisconsin eclectic motif, that being wooden tables and chairs not matching and purchased from a resale shop. The true disappointment was the small selection of cupcakes, there were six to eight different cupcakes and a total less than 20. The bottom line is that the service and extensive menu would get me back.

Reviewed 16 January 2017 via mobile

This is our favorite breakfast restaurant in madison. We keep coming back.
They don't take reservations and that not ok ( our friends are over 75 years old ...) but they gave us sits relatively fast.
Great coffee. I love the omelet with smoke salmon.
Always have "happy faces" with the service