“Quirky, cheerful, arty space with good food and cupcakes”

Daisy Cafe and Cupcakery
Ranked #7 of 28 Dessert in Madison
Price range: US$2 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 March 2018

My wife and I had dinner at the Daisy two nights ago. We go there a lot for brunch with friends, and it's usually packed, though service is quick and cheerful; but to our surprise it was pretty empty. Our meals - chicken with bacon and walnut sauce for her, salmon with pesto for me - were as always, very tasty, with good-sized portions at great prices. We also got a take-home sandwich for a sick friend, cod with a bunch of other flavor elements which I've forgotten, which our friend said was THE best fish sandwich she'd ever had. And t

Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

I’m shocked at the food quality of my lunch at this cafe....and at the glowing reviews on TripAdvisor. I must have really hit this place on a bad day. I ordered the house salad, entree sized, and have never received a worse salad anywhere. At least half of my lettuce was brown or wilted. When I took it back, my server offered to get me fresh lettuce. What? If there was fresh lettuce somewhere why was I served the brown stuff in the first place? Sorry, readers, for this venting. But I am totally disgusted.

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

Ate here last night and it was amazing! Big group, 20 people and everyone loved the food. Casual interior with friendly attentive service. Most everyone had the fish fry and it was spectacular! Fresh fish perfectly fried with delicious potatoes and Cole slaw! Vegetarian burritos with chicken was also very good. Well worth a visit!

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Don't let parking lot being full stop you , plenty big inside . Good menu to select from . Party of 4 , ordered 2 different salads , large Cobb and a Smoked Salmon both with house made dressings . 2 breakfast items their Strawberry and cream strata, and huevos rancheros with chorizo. The strata was delicious and my wife couldn't finish it all so I got to try it. Their own sausage links had a nice mild flavor and were almost as big as hot dogs . The huevos rancheros with their own chorizo, had a perfect combination of eggs , salsa , black beans , cheese , and chorizo in every bite . Also had a piece of salted caramel cheesecake, wow !!! Good stuff in a funky little restaurant, coffee shop .

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

A group of us set out to celebrate National Girlfriend Day! I had the salmon with Pesto and grilled vegetables. The other girls had fish tacos. The food was fresh and delicious. The service was friendly!