All reviews parking garage is frosted glass sliding door cafe hollander hilldale mall night light uw campus standard fare great dane one bedroom suite front desk hotel is beautiful shopping and restaurants breakfast area would definitely stay here again walking distance close to downtown easy access
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 November 2020

We’ve been traveling to Madison for almost 3 years, having to go to the UW Hospital for treatment. Generally we stayed at another nearby hotel. We watched the hotel being built and always wanted to stay. This time around we pulled the trigger. Glad we did!! We had great service, room was spotless, staff was great. The GM, Ashely was wonderful and treated us great! We booked our next stay and added another night just to relax!

Date of stay: November 2020
Reviewed 7 September 2020 via mobile

First things first, it’s COVID season and if you’re like me, the first thing I look for in hotel reviews is if the place was clean or not. The Springhill Suites was absolutely sparkling! From the parking ramp, to the lobby, elevators, breakfast area, pool, and the room, everything was spotless. Staff and guests were all wearing masks and plenty of tastefully places signs were there to remind you to mask up. Hand sanitizer was located in key areas.

Ok, moving on from COVID, the hotel was beautiful for a “non-flagship” Marriott. I had never stayed in a Springhill Suites before but am fairly well traveled to Marriott and JW Marriott properties. I would have to say that this one would hold its own with some of those higher tier brands. Really well done from the decor, choice of materials, plenty of open space, and lots of great lighting. It really did make you feel like you were in a higher tier property.

Our room, like I mentioned earlier was spotless. The housekeeping staff really did a great job making you feel safe and comfortable by creating a very clean suite. We chose one of the “larger” suites that faced downtown and the capital. It had a large kitchen area with a microwave, full-size fridge, and dishwasher. It didn’t come with any plates, etc. but my guess is that this is because of the pandemic. There were more cabinets, for storage, than we knew what to do with. The living room area, connected to the kitchen had a pull out couch with a very comfortable mattress, TV, desk and desk chair. Nice feature of the TV, like most Marriott’s, is the ability to log into your own Netflix account. My only suggestion for this area is that they could have used another chair for the counters in the kitchen (there was only one) and that the space was so big that they could have used and armchair to go with the couch. Another nice feature of this room (733) was that it was on a corner so we had windows looking out in two directions. Windows provided tons of natural light. Our kids said they slept great on the pullout.

The bedroom was very comfortable with wonderful down feather pillows, a very comfortable mattress and plenty of storage in drawers and a closet. My wife and I slept very well!

The bathroom attached to the bedroom was separated with a sliding frosted glass door. Shower, sink, and toilet were very clean and you have plenty of room to get ready in the morning. Paul Mitchell bath products and enough towels for three people, so you may need to ask for more if you have more than that staying in the room.

The hotel is located next to a upper end shopping area called Hillsdale. It has a number of nice restaurants, coffee and tea shops as well as a Target and grocery store. No need to drive away where for lunch or dinner and the hotel provides a nice hot breakfast. Great location!

Last but not least is the staff. The staff were phenomenal! From the helpful people at the front desk that you could tell were smiling under their masks to the bar tender saying, “hello” everyone was really fantastic. A couple examples of of great service was from the person who, even though I showed up 20 minutes late for breakfast, still offered to warm up a sandwich and grab some other items for me. She wouldn’t have had to as it was my fault for missing the end of breakfast, but she did so with making it not feel like a big deal. Thank you! The other example of great service was the front desk person who saw that I had my hands full with coffee and insisted in helping to open the elevator and press the number to my floor for me. Again, she didn’t need to do that but it’s the extra things that turn a good experience into a great experience.

Overall, one of our favorite hotels we’ve stayed at and we’ll definitely stay here again the next time we’re in Madison. Well done!

Date of stay: September 2020
Reviewed 7 September 2020

This hotel was built about a year ago (late 2018?) It is ideally located near a small strip mall and some eateries. It is about 15-20 minutes from some of the main UW campus, but is great for people on the west side of town. We stayed during the pandemic and the hotel did everything possible to keep the hotel clean, to mask the clients, to protect the rooms, and provide us with daily supplies (they did not enter our room during our stay).

The hotel is beautiful and the staff was extremely helpful. The King room is spacious and allows for a person to stay up later on the sofa without disturbing a sleeping person.

The bathroom was a unique design and yet was perfect and well laid out. My only complaint was that there was only one setting for the lights in the bathroom and they "BLARED" brightly if someone was asleep on the bed right outside the bathroom. The bathrooms need a dual level lighting. IT does have a night light for easy access if the toilet is needed at night.

The pool was spacious (but on the cold side for water temperature). We greatly appreciated the security in the elevator. You cannot access any floor without your room key card. This prevents outsiders from wandering the floors.

The $15.00 nightly parking fee was a surprise. One booking website just said "Self-Parking." After our stay we discovered (about 4 layers deep in the website that the parking had a fee to it. It was nice to have a safe and secure parking lot under the hotel, but NEVER did the front desk tell us that there was a parking fee. They only asked us if we had arrived by car.

During the pandemic the kitchen crew was swift in heating four types of hot sandwiches, adding fruit, yogurt, milk, juice, hot drinks, muffins, taels, etc. There was a line to be served, but the breakfast line was never more than 10 minutes and a good rounded meal. I only wish someone from he kitchen cleaned the tables after people ate at them. Some tables were covered with trash or food particles from a previous guest. Serving the food and cleaning the tables during COVID-19 are equally important.

Very nice hotel!

Date of stay: September 2020
Reviewed 1 September 2020 via mobile

I was there on a short family vacation. This is a new hotel, facilities are brand new, everything is clean and in perfect condition. Every person from the staff I came across were super friendly and courteous. They even took action when one guest refused to wear a mask. They made everything Covid friendly, even breakfast was good while minimizing contact. I like that this hotel is in a great area: next to the shopping mall, close to restaurants and bars, and about 10 minutes away from other must do things in Madison. It’s also really close to downtown and campus. There is a Target also just in front.

Date of stay: August 2020
1  Thank Laura_Argentina_29
Reviewed 27 August 2020

From the moment we walked in, we were met by the friendly staff and Manager. The parking garage is secured and close to the rooms. They followed mask guidelines and the facility/ room was super clean. We were given suggestions on where to dine and there were small personal touches that my family appreciated. Although we couldn't fly somewhere to celebrate, this hotel stay brightened our weekend and made this getaway so much more memorable. Thank you!!

Date of stay: August 2020