“Orange Custard Chocolate Chip...”

Babcock Hall Dairy Store
Ranked #1 of 28 Dessert in Madison
Description: One of the biggest names in modern Dairy (Babcock) combined with Ice Cream (which I, ice cream expert, rank as a five). This needs adding.
Reviewed 11 July 2017

....need I say more?? This is my favorite ice cream from Babcock. I remember the first time I heard of it, I thought there was no way I would like it. It has a very mild orange flavor. It is NOT like orange sherbet. As for a sample, they will happily oblige. It's worth the trip.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

I've been a customer for more than 60 years and have never been disappointed. The selection of flavors change with time but there is always more than one to tempt me. In addition to ice cream there is a good selection of cheeses also made in the dairy school food science labs.

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

This place has great ice cream. If you are vegetarian you will need to watch the kind of ice cream you get

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Great Ice cream always new and different flavors and all the favorites everyone loves and the ice cream is always fresh. The service is always great and the fact you can have something to eat means you can say I came for lunch and well I just had to try the ice cream that way there's no guilt. Enjoy!

Reviewed 10 July 2017

I don't know about the other food. Only go there for the ice cream. But to me it's as good as any ice cream anywhere. As good as the best gelato. Better than any frozen custard. And some great, great flavors. Also available in both UW unions, where there's a lot of other fun stuff to do as well.