“Delicious Comfort Food”

Yola's Cafe
Ranked #210 of 1,037 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: Contemporary, Cafe
Reviewed 16 November 2017

If I were a traveler, this would be even more special because of the homemade comfort food -- but I am even luckier to live close enough to have it anytime... and so I do. The food is outstanding -- fresh, well-prepared and seasoned and tasty. The sandwiches, baked oatmeal and coffee beverages are a frequent go-to for me and always impress those I need to feed now and again... and I wish it was pumpkin waffle year, instead of just month! I also love the ambiance -- it is homey and the folks working there are delightful.

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

Stopped on Tuesday afternoon for lunch. My friend ordered the Yola’s salad and I ordered the Harvester sandwich with greens. The salad was good with lots of walnuts, cranberries and vinaigrette dressing. It came with a roll. The sandwich was turkey salad with cranberry sauce on a ciabatta roll. It was very good. We stayed for several hours to catch up and were not rushed. I’d stop again when I’m in the area.

LRatze, Owner at Yola's Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Thanks Gail for stopping in to catch up with your friend! You ordered my favorite seasonal sandwich...The Harvester. That is a customer favorite as well. Nothing like Thanksgiving on a ciabatta roll. Please stop again next time your in town and thanks for your review!
- Lance R., Owner

Reviewed 18 October 2017

We are very happy with Yola’s cafe. We found this place over two years ago and have used their excellent catering services when we are in town. They have a wonderful selection, and they will package up multiple meals and do this for multiple days at a time, along with having them ready to go bright and early in the morning for you if needed. They immediately recognized us when we walk in the door even though we are not locals and do not get the opportunity to frequently dine here. Such a welcoming place! Along with the great catering, they have a nice outdoor seating area as well, plus the service is spectacular and their Vegetarian wraps are out of this world! You choose what you want from their large selection and they will cater to your wishes to ensure satisfaction.

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

Went in for breakfast. Ordered the breakfast burritos. Basically we got burritos with potatoes and soggy eggs. There was supposed to be bacon, scallions and cheese sauce. I had one small bit of bacon and my son had a piece that was completely fat. They did refund our money. Will probably not return.

1  Thank 3CtheUSA
LRatze, Owner at Yola's Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

3CtheUSA, we were very disappointed to hear you didn’t enjoy our breakfast burrito. Other customers have told us it’s their favorite of our breakfast offerings, but maybe you caught us on an off day. I'm glad our staff refunded your money because we want your experience to be a good one. We hope you'll give us a second chance! - Lance R. Owner

Reviewed 15 July 2017

Yola's is my go-to coffee shop for a meeting or just to get some work done away from the house. The scones are wonderful! Yum. And my gluten free friend can also enjoy a treat. I really enjoy the Signature Breakfast Sandwich. Mmm bacon! Tables can be easily combined for a group of five or six. Also, there are a few comfy reading chairs. The large patio has tables and chairs to enjoy the sunshine. Order at the counter and the nice staff will bring to the table. I've been coming here since the shop first opened and have always received a warm welcome and a smile. Thanks for breakfast!

1  Thank Teressa S