“Fantastic Doughnuts * Fantastic Huge Fritters * A Great Tradition”

Greenbush Bakery Inc
Ranked #1 of 17 Bakeries in Madison
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 31 July 2016

I've eaten Greenbush doughnuts throughout the past 32 years, starting during my school years and continuing into the present. Always fresh and tasty. The fritters are enormous, and well cooked - how they get such big fritters to cook through to the middle is a marvel. I've had fritters from other bakeries or grocery stores that were still raw in the middle.

Greenbush Bakery fritters are the size of a small pizza. I've had their apple fritter, blueberry, and cranberry orange fritters - all delicious. Their doughnuts are also delicious - plain old fashioned, glazed or frosted, sprinkles or not - everything I've had here is delicious. And they sell milk and other beverages. Happy people coming out of Greenbush Bakery.

Whenever I'm in Madison, Greenbush Bakery is one of the places I always visit.

Reviewed 28 July 2016

Greenbush Bakery is the best bakery around! Great selection of very fresh treats, made daily. Decent prices, too.

Reviewed 12 July 2016 via mobile

We were looking for something sweet to snack on one night after going to dinner and doing a brewery tour, so my daughter recommended Greenbush bakery. It's located on Regent street near the University. It's not much to look at from the outside, but when we walked in, we found fritters the size of dinner plates; and not just apple, but blueberry and cherry too....yummy! We got fritters and a dozen donuts and when we walked in to our hotel with just 2 plain white boxes, the front desk guy new exactly where we had been!

Reviewed 23 June 2016

Absolutely the best Fritters ever, huge and delicious. Especially if you get them just out of the fryer. All of their donuts are good though. Weird hours but open after bar time. Great place do visit. Get a fritter you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 13 April 2016

This place is so good late at night or in the morning. The people who work there are super nice. The yeast and the old fashioned donuts are all good. Can't choose so I usually get more than I plan before going. Their apple fritters are huge and delicious. They can run out fast, so you can actually call ahead and reserve one. So good late at night as well after a bar. I love eating them while drunk in a taxi on the way home! Another great time to go is right before closing time because they tend to stuff another donut or two before they close. Can't complain about that!