“Ugly cookie or die”
Review of Chocolaterian Cafe

Chocolaterian Cafe
Ranked #5 of 17 Bakeries in Madison
Reviewed 17 February 2017

Every time I walk into this place I wish I had the time to sit down and order something. Usually though, I cut through the cafe to get to places on the other side of Atwood. I always get an ugly cookie - the best toffee based cookie I have ever had - and occasionally the chocolate mousse, which is probably the third best. I've had thier fruit tart in the past too, and that was great as well!

I can't speak to their coffee or anything else, but I look forward to finding out.

1  Thank Nineran

Reviewed 2 February 2017 via mobile

We were supposed to stop for lunch but ran out of time. We made sure we stored at the end of our day. The French maccarons are incredible. Only second to the Bucheon Bakery in Las Vegas minus the flight. I also had the French Hot Chocolate. Very good but much different than American hit chocolate. Thick and creamy, you almost need a glass of milk to go with.

Reviewed 25 December 2016

We had a chocolate brownie. It was fine. The place seems historic, with warm brown colors. Menu had one dish, the first time we went. Yesterday, it had about ten dishes. It seemed all were either meat or cheese, plus curry chicken with salad greens. Service was pleasant.

Reviewed 17 November 2016

Came here for a snack after a matinee show. Everything was yummy, I especially liked the Spicy Chocolate cookie! Fun to watch the candy makers at work.

Reviewed 18 October 2016

If you are looking for a place to have some quiet time alone or a small place to meet old friends, this is one of the best places in town. It is located on a not so busy road of Atwood, parking is very convenient as well.

Choices of desserts are enough, it is a little bit pricey but everything is delicious. Make sure you try their ugly cookie as it is the signature cookie of this place.

Checkout their pastry kitchen as well. Do not forget to check nice decorations around the cafe too.

We will definetely come back here.

Been to Chocolaterian Cafe? Share your experiences!