“Great food, delicious ice cream & fun atmosphere”
Review of Ella's Deli

Ella's Deli
Ranked #4 of 28 Dessert in Madison
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 10 July 2017

This was our second time at Ella's. We stopped a couple years ago for the delicious ice cream on our way home and we're fascinated by the gadgets and toys. Today we had lunch and discovered a huge menu with dishes reflecting the owner's Ashkenazi roots. I tried the kugel and it was AMAZING! Ella's has been ownered and operated by the same family for over 50 years and I hope it continues another 50!

Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

Let me say this first, the food here was great. The menu is huge and the size of a small book. I tried the noodle kugel which was delicious. The kids had fun on the carousel after dinner. The service was a little slow and the kid friendly decor was a little dated. We heard the owners are ready to retire. Hopefully whoever buys it will "freshen" it up the inside a bit. Food side is good.

Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

We stopped here on our way home from the Dakotas. It is FANTASTIC! Totally kid friendly restaurant. All the tables are see through and have switches to turn on the animation. (Ours was a space theme). Animated superheroes and cartoon characters were floating around the ceiling and there is a working carousel outside. And the food is great too! Staff was friendly and helpful. Big portions and everyone loved their food. There is also a stand alone ice cream parlor/line for cones and dishes. Must stop if you have kids!

Reviewed 15 June 2017

I wish they would completely redo their menu, but who cares - this place is AWESOME! The carousel and the décor is just the best!! I hope the next owners keep it (clean it and restore it a little and revamp the menu) and keep all that is unique about it! :)

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

Place is unique for sure and has lots of stuff going on. I thought food was good but portions were small. I ordered corn beef which was tasty but was eating mostly bread. I was expecting a monster sandwich but was disappointed in amount of beef. Ice cream was good. Kids portions were good size as well.