“Wow!!!”

Grampa's Pizzeria
Ranked #120 of 1,023 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 4 November 2016 via mobile

This charming restaurant located in a house serves up excellent food and he an extensive wine list as well as well curated craft beers.

The mozzarella is made fresh on site and is a nice appetizer. We also had the squash with pork belly as an appetizer which was amazing. The pizzas are thin crust and on point in all manners.

The atmosphere is cozy yet trendy - the perfect balance. Highly recommend this as a stop in Madison.

Reviewed 20 October 2016

My son and I went here in mid July 2016. We got immediate seating at a table overlooking the back yard garden area. Our server was new and being shadowed by a more experience co-worker but all went well as far as we were concerned. I ordered a Prima Pils beer and my son a ginger ale (really). They were both refreshing. Then we ordered a mozzarella ($8.00) and Peperoni ($14.00) pizza. They were both very good. I would return.

Reviewed 6 September 2016 via mobile

For months we have driven past this cute establishment. Trying to go there there. The stars aligned. We went Friday night with our daughter (2) that can make for an interesting night. Be aware they don't have high chairs or boosters. But we didn't need it.

The pork confit appetizer was amazing. A nice delicious piece to start. Then we went to the pizza. Brussel sprouts on a pizza???? Yes! Was the best. And I love my pizza

I highly recommend the restaurant. The staff was great to us and will for sure go back!

Reviewed 3 August 2016

Went to Grandpa's for the first time this past weekend. Four of us shared two pizzas and had drinks (drinks started in the bar next door which appears to be related (a shout out to Beau for mixing us up some good drinks) .. mind you, when we were paged to our now ready table after about 30 minutes, we could not take our drinks from the bar to the restaurant (apparently Wisconsin's liquor regulations are at least as silly as Ontario's). The staff were friendly and helpful. The pizza was delicious, nicely presented and reasonably priced. We look forward to our next opportunity to eat there!

Reviewed 30 July 2016 via mobile

When we arrived they said it would be an hour and a half wait. The place looks so cool we decided to wait. They took our phone# and we went next door to gibs bar. Within 20 minutes I got a call that 2 seats opened at the bar and Bret was our bar tender. He was very knowledgable and explained the pizzas in detail. He also allowed me to taste a beer before I got it. The pizzas came out in a timely manner. Super hot and great thin crunchy crust. Great place and good prices! They even gave us free cookies in a bag as we left. We will indeed be back!