“Delicous thin crust pizza and great atmosphere”
Review of Grampa's Pizzeria

Grampa's Pizzeria
Ranked #131 of 1,059 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 12 June 2017

My daughter and I stopped here after a busy day of sight seeing. So glad we did. The thin crust pizza recommended by the bartender was perfect!! We sat at the bar as tables were full. I dont think they take reservations but well worth it. We had the special - BRASSACRE – brussels, bacon, fresh mozzarella, olive oil, garlic, grana. Great choice. Also enjoyed the on tap WIsconsin beer!

Reviewed 12 May 2017

OK, it's not "real Italian" type pizza pie, but more modern American haute-cuisine or gourmet style. Like carmelized onions? It's on several pies. Overall this restaurant is one of the stand outs on Willy street; it gets busy during peak hours fast and isn't the biggest of places - really the only complaint. Bring a date, decent cocktails and romantic vibe.

Reviewed 26 February 2017

Fiance and I have heard many good things about this place by word of mouth. We ordered a Jabroni pizza for pick up.

When we got home to devour the pizza, it was small and black bunt patches. We were quite hungry and ate the pizza, but not fully satisfied. Honestly, the flat bread pizza we get at Pizza Hut is better and more filling.

Reviewed 8 February 2017 via mobile

The Brassacre is all I need. I usually go on date night. Which I love going to. It's a bottle of wine. Appetizer. Pizza and dessert.

The brassacre is so good. Extra crispy. I get it all the time. I can eat an entire half with my friend. There is never a piece left over. The salad that I had recently was excellent. It was the market vegetable I think. Lots of color. Fresh root veggies. Not too much but not too little dressing. The dessert was good. Can't remember what I had last time because all I can think about right now is the pizza!

1  Thank Kevido
Reviewed 30 December 2016 via mobile

We knew it would be busy so called ahead. Already a wait list and 45 minutes out. We arrived 45 minutes later and were seated right away. Sat at a table overlooking backyard. Hostess and server great. Had to try the beet salad I have heard about and was not disappointed! Delicious. Ordered one to go for lunch tomorrow since we don't live here and not sure when I will be back. Husband ordered pizza and it too was very tasty. Then we had a ginger spice cake for dessert which we shared. Everything we had was a delight. My only recommendation is to improve the font used on the menu. Too small and faint print in the dimly lit room made it very hard to read. I saw a man using flashlight on his phone to read. Otherwise it is cozy and an upscale pizza eatery serving great food.