Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM

Ways to Experience Lucky Bean Tours
from US$32.00
1,470 results
All reviews french quarter tour garden district tour great tour walking tour small group vast knowledge private tour other companies ask questions great stories two hours informative tour hour tour story telling would highly recommend this tour lafayette cemetery jackson square
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 May 2021 via mobile

We were lucky enough to have half our group cancel last minute and we had Yvonne all to ourselves for two hours. Her history was interesting and unmatched. She gave us lessons in Creole and slave cultures, Code Noir, stories about pirates, awesome women, the struggle to get built, the fires. She knew I was digging the architecture so she threw some of that in as well. We learned some interesting fact and conspiracy theory about Italian settlers as well! And great hints about the food! We were so sad when it was over. We would have loved to hang out with Yvonne all day. I know she had more stories! We listened as we walked past other much larger groups today and nobody holds a candle to the tour we got. Pick this one folks. You will not be disappointed!!! I’d leave a sixth star if I could!

Reviewed 26 May 2021 via mobile

Loretta is a gem! Absolutely loved her from the moment I meet her. She's so funny, knowledged, and a real leader! I'm so thankful I did this tour of french quarter/New Orleans. It was the highlight of my New Orleans trip! I loved meeting the group too! So amazing.

The store is a camp mess. I came to New Orleans for an event and ended up staying an extra day just to come and tour the downtown and basically I just had enough time for this tour and I fell in love with this city so much and I can't wait to come back.

One more thing about the tour guide she wrote a book about New Orleans. It's in my review pictures.
I would highly suggest that this is the first thing you do when you come here is do this tour because you're going to learn so much of the ins and outs of the cities the do's and don't do's. And the rent is more than just a tour guide she's like a consultant she welcomes people to get in touch with her as she sends you a personal email of lots of suggestions and says please get in touch with me let me know if I have have any questions I can answer.

2  Thank Jerseyguy777
Reviewed 25 May 2021 via mobile

Highly recommend the Garden District tour with Josh. I’ve been on several tours with him over the years and his passion for the history and architecture of New Orleans is contagious! Your safety on the uneven sidewalks is a huge priority for him. He’s very accommodating and will answer your questions about anything New Orleans related. He’s got a great sense of humor and I guarantee you’ll have a wonderful experience on his tours. You’ll learn about the creation of the Garden District, architectural styles, Lafayette Cemetery #1 and our tradition of above ground burials. I suggest you get to Gracious Bakery (the start for the tour) early to enjoy some of their delicious baked goods and teas and coffees.

1  Thank letsallflyakite
LuckyBeanTours, Manager at Lucky Bean Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2021

Thank you so much for this excellent and detailed review! Josh is indeed an outstanding guide with so much knowledge and understanding of what makes New Orleans so remarkable, plus he is super likeable and considerate of his guests. He can weave together all these elements of a tour - history, architecture, ecology, and politics - and leave you with a much deeper understanding of the soul of New Orleans than you ever would have had from just walking through the tree-lined lush, elegant streets of the Garden District. Thank you for touring with Josh - again! I am sure we will see you again.

Reviewed 25 May 2021

I ended up being the only guest for our 5pm tour and was very appreciative that he didn't decide to cancel due to the low turnout and impending rain. The walk wasn't difficult and I completed it easily in sandals. James was incredibly knowledgeable, funny, and sociable throughout our 2 hour stroll through the Garden District. He not only covered early architectural history but also called out the locations of recent movies/music videos and celebrity homes. I would recommend Lucky Bean Tours to anyone interested in an energetic yet casual tour of New Orleans. FYI the cemeteries are currently closed to visitors so we couldn't enter the property.

1  Thank Kommander16

Thank you for this great review of your unexpectedly private tour! We built this company doing one- and two-person tours, and we are rebuilding it the same way post-pandemic. The tiny tours allow us to really cater to our guests' interests and walk and talk at the same time, covering more ground and really getting into the subtleties of New Orleans culture. I am so happy that you went ahead with the Garden District tour despite the threat of rain, and that James was such a gracious host, He really does love that neighborhood and has a fun and funny way of showing it to his lucky guests. Please come again!

Reviewed 25 May 2021 via mobile

Loretta was an amazing tour guide. She knew her history and added great stories that had us all glued to the end. She provided helpful hints and recommendations for dining options as well. She clearly loves her job and it showed! Highly recommend this tour.

1  Thank 643daryls

Thank you so much for this review and recommendation! Loretta deserves all the praise these reviews give her. She is energetic, positive, and truly wants everyone to love this city as much as she does. Thanks for choosing Lucky Bean Tours out of all the great options in New Orleans, and please know that we are looking forward to seeing you next time you make it here. We've got lots of stories!