All reviewsyour doorstepsmall hotelbourbon stfresh towelsjackson squarefrench quarterdefinitely stay here againblock
Reviewed 24 May 2016 via mobile

We stayed in room 6 which was on the side of the house. The room was big enough for a queen bed, two chairs and two dressers. There was a mini kitchen and bathroom en suite. Shower only. Toilet is super close to sink due to lack of space. Most hotels in New Orleans are small, so I can't complain. The room was clean. Housekeeping was weird. You never knew when they'd be coming and you couldn't decline services. They moved my stuff around the room and I'm not sure why. I locked the suitcase ahead of time due to other reviews. I'm glad I did. Nothing went missing though. Great porch and back garden. We sat on the porch a lot, drank and enjoyed a lot of music and people watching. Hotel is in a safer area. It's removed from bourbon street so it's pretty quiet.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ibflee
Reviewed 12 February 2016

I stayed in a small room here. It is not as convenient to use as some of the larger hotels as there is no front desk and the room was really small, with old, creaking floorboards but it has character that many people would probably prefer. The location couldn't be better for exploring the french quarter -- there is a coffee shop down the road to relax in during the day and the street seemed very safe. The porch would be great for watching parades. The decor was attractive.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 February 2016 via mobile

Their "2 BR Delux suite" is anything but. It's a one bedroom suite with a bed thrown in what would normally be a living room/sofa sleeper area. Doors wouldn't even close to one of bedroom w/no latch. Couples nightmare! Smelled of mildew.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Andy G
Reviewed 17 January 2016 via mobile

I love this property! The location is perfect and the rooms are beyond my expectations every time I visit. I have been in 3 different rooms so far and have not been disappointed yet!
Management and security have always been courteous and polite. Housekeeping goes beyond expectations.
The balcony room is perfect for parade routes, the porch is great when you don't have a balcony. Either way you win!

Do it!!

Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 November 2015 via mobile

This hotel was recommended to me by a friend who travels frequently to NOLA. She said it was a unique hotel not to be missed. The hotel was absolutely perfect for a traveler like me, however it is not going to be for everyone. There is a helpful manager onsite, but there is no central desk or office to speak of. When you arrive you push a buzzer and an employee comes out to show you your room. She explained how to get in and out if the gate was locked and escorted me to the room. That was pretty much the only interaction I had until I checked out. That being said, I truly believe I could have contacted the manager at anytime if I did need something. I had a small, single occupancy room which was lovely. The bed was very comfortable, and my room came with a small kitchen, private bathroom and a television. The room was uniquely decorated and I had an opportunity to look into one if their larger rooms which was also beautifully furnished. On the day before leaving, a note was left on my door explaining the check out process. It had the hotel address and a taxi company number on it. The morning I was to leave I follow the instructions, and a very kind employee let me leave my bag with her so I did not have to carry it around until I was ready to head to the airport. She also offered to call me a cab. There are two things I would like to warn you about: The first is that it can be noisy, however you cannot be that close to Bourbon St. and not have it be a little noisy. I live in a city so the noise did not interrupt my sleep, but if you are a light sleeper I recommend bringing ear plugs. The second is that the shutters in the room are the traditional slat style. That means that light does filter in, so if you are a light- sensitive person, I recommend bringing a face mask. The location was perfect for exploring the French Quarter. If you are an independent traveler and do not need a lot of hand holding this is probably the best hotel in the Quarter. If you want room service, concierge service, and a lot of guidance this is not the hotel for you. I know that I will be returning to NOLA, and I hope I am able to stay here again.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo