“Baronne good value”

Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza New Orleans
Ranked #100 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 20 May 2008

May 16-19. We were there for a siblings birthday and the hotel was fine for what we wanted. We paid something like $150.00 total. The staff was friendly and there was construction visible, but we never heard anything. The hotel is easy walking distance to the quarter and away from all the traffic and noise. Really, how much time do you spend in your hotel room in the Big Easy? The hotel was really quiet. There is a great local bar on Baronne a block before Canal where the drinks are cheap and locals are colorful to say the least. Mikes pub and grub I think. A beer at the hotel was like five bucks, plus. Not the nicest place I have stayed, but I was looking for a place to crash after a few drinks.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank yaqui
WL-DHR, Public Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your most recent stay with us. We are glad to hear your stay was overall satisfactory, but we will still pass along those noticeable shortcomings to our staff members. If there is anything else we can do to make your next stay even more memorable, please do not hesitate to contact us again (504-522-0083)!

Reviewed 29 April 2008

Just returned from Jazz Fest in New Orleans. We found this hotel to be run down, beat up, dirty, and smelly. We had to change rooms because the toilet didn't work. In the next room the remote and hair dryer didn't work. Both rooms reeked of must or mold. The floors were unwashed, the carpet was dirty and there was dust and dirt everywhere. The furniture was either broken or chipped. Even the windows on the front doors of the hotel were filthy. And there was a hole in the wall in the hallway. Yes, it's a decent location but location isn't everything and this is a hotel that I would avoid at all costs. It won't ever get my business again.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
WL-DHR, Public Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your most recent stay with us. We apologize if your stay was not 100% satisfactory for we do value your business and strive to ensure every guest experience is positive.

We will be sure to pass along your comments to our staff members so we can make the necessary changes and hopefully, win back your business in the future.

Reviewed 10 April 2008

Very happy with our five-night stay at the Baronne. Hard to determine why it's so inexpensive and only a two-star. We were nervous after reading the 2-3 reviews regarding stolen items from the room, so we locked our suitcases when we left the room.

Hotel was very quiet and we rarely saw other guests. We had a renovated room, with new bed, linens, bathroom and flat panel TV. Only complaint was that we had an interior room. Made waking up torturous.

Walk to the Quarter is quick, as is walk down to Fulton Street and the happenings at Harrah's Casino and RiverWalk. Staff members were helpful and pleasant. Lobby grand.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MelNJ81
WL-DHR, Public Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2013

On behalf of the entire Wyndham Garden Hotel staff, thank you so much for the wonderful review! If there is anything else we can do to make your next stay even more memorable, please do not hesitate to contact us again (504-522-0083)!

Reviewed 31 March 2008

Definitely value for money!!

I stayed at the Baronne for 4 nights and I have to say I am somewhat impressed. They are still renovating but I was never disturbed by any noises caused by renovations. The room was newly renovated, clean and spacious enough. I would have loved a window facing outside but I wasn't too bothered by it not having one.

It is close to everything so I was very surprised by the pricing. This was my second trip to New Orleans and I was very discouraged after the first because the hotel sucked!! The Baronne certainly changed my mind and I believe that this is where I will be staying each time I come to visit every few months.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled solo

Reviewed 28 March 2008

Let me say at first that I know you should never leave valuables in a hotel room, but while my husband and I stayed at this hotel I hid my wallet very securely in our room.

A week after our return home I noticed fraudulent credit card charges on my credit cards that were in this wallet from New Orleans. I called my banks to dispute the charges then called the hotel. Their customer service was so lousy - they transferred me to the Laundry Service twice when I asked to speak with the manager. The person at the front desk was not helpful and again transferred me to their Laundry Service. It was the very helpful person in the Laundry who gave me the manager's name and phone number.

When I finally spoke to the manager, he told me that I should file a report with the New Orleans Police Department and to give my valuables to the people at the front desk for safe keeping.

We will NOT stay at this hotel ever again. The Police Department provided better customer service than this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple