We booked Staybridge Suites in New Orleans for a post cruise stay in New Orleans during the week of March 10-13.
At the time of the booking we were thinking of the very positive experience we had staying at Staybridge Suites in
Albuquerque, New Mexico. We assume the Staybridge in New Orleans is a "makeover" of a previous hotel.
It was nice, the room was large and did have kitchenette. Though we were on the top floor we had no real view except
of other buildings in the area. There is a pool but the weather was too cool to have had a chance to use and there was
no jacuzzi. Breakfast was passable similar in quality and choice to a Holiday Inn Express. We had experienced there evening social at the one in Albuquerque but unfortunately this particular Staybridge only offered it Tu-Th.
The good news was we were within walking distance of the French Quarter and most of the popular attractions(especially the restaurants)of New Orleans. We also took advantage of the trolley which goes along the river and up Canal street.
You can buy a day or 3 day pass. The day pass we purchased for $3 ea. was helpful in getting around but wouldn't be especially useful if you were pressed for time or if it had been very humid/hot. I don't believe the trolleys are equipped with air conditioning, just a fan where the conductor sits.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dear Valued Guest, Welcome to the New Orleans Staybridge Suites, where we're more than just your typical New Orleans Hotel! The goal of our team is to make you feel like you're staying with family while in New Orleans. Whether you're here for business or pleasure, your comfort is our top priority. So, get comfortable in one of our spacious studio, one or two bedroom suites! Then, come and join our family for our complimentary, full American breakfast buffet, featuring both hot and cold items. We also invite you to take advantage of our laundry facilities, fitness center, wifi internet access and 24 hour business center, all offered at no additional cost. At the end of your day, join our family for our famous Sundowner Reception. Our reception, which is offered to all our guests Tuesday through Thursday on a complimentary basis, includes beer, wine, soft drinks and a light meal. Due to our perfect location, the New Orleans Staybridge Suites is considered to be both a French Quarter Hotel as well as a Downtown New Orleans Hotel. No need to rent a car while here because our upscale, all suites hotel is located across the street from Harrah's Casino, blocks from the French Quarter and within walking distance to many restaurants and attractions, including Riverwalk, Convention Center and the Superdome, home to the New Orleans Saints. So sit back, relax and enjoy all the comforts of home!Sincerely,Your New Orleans Staybridge Suites Family ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Staybridge Suites New Orleans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites New Orleans Hotel New Orleans
- New Orleans Staybridge Suites