“My once a month visit to a new venue”
Review of Cafe Reconcile

Cafe Reconcile
Ranked #358 of 1,990 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

This review is be written well outside of my visit to the Cafe.
I've visited the Reconcile a few times and have had several different entrees.
The red beans and rice w/fish are a cafe staple. You can't go wrong with this menu choice.
The shrimp okra < my personal favorite I like to make on my own> , while this was not in my opinion on par with my recipe, not a bad choice . I did have to ' season it ' a bit, but I would definitely recommend this to newcomers and veterans alike.
Price wise is a bargin for each bite after bite.
A sidebar bit for some of the employees here: they are working to better their outlook and gain valuable experience in the food and tourism industry.

Bishop

1  Thank reginaldb674

Reviewed 4 May 2017

This restaurant was a training restaurant to give young people around 16 to 24 experience in finding a trade, learning about food, learning about life and responsibilities, working with people, serving, cooking, and building confidence. The food was incredible! ! It was Southern, Cajun and Creole. I had white beans and shrimp. The peach cobbler was to die for!!

1  Thank Maryjane917
Reviewed 3 May 2017

The attitude of the folks here is amazing. They are so very nice, friendly, courteous, and helpful. I seriously recommend the jerked chicken and virtually any sides. OH, and when you're done, be sure to ask for an envelope to slip a donation to help keep this place running for of those it helps.

1  Thank ryrowe
Reviewed 4 March 2017

This is a truly remarkable place. The cafe is the front door to a training program for young people facing employment barriers in NOLA. wonderful and caring staff guide students into hospitality, real jobs and meaningful lives. Oh, and the food is absolutely the best Cajun and Creole food in town. Jumbalya, shrimp Po'Boys, File Gumbo are all on the menu. LEAVE A BIG TIP !! and encourage these brave young people to make positive changes in their lives. Open for brunch and lunch

1  Thank Ashley W
Reviewed 5 February 2017

I left New Orleans decades ago but new that I was home with the first bite of the Friday special, "Eggplant with Shrimp Soufflé". What I love about the food is the marriage of the seasonings which is the essence of the cultural flavor. Personally, I feel that the Bananas Foster bread pudding is better than the real Bananas Foster! I agree with a previous review that this is a "hidden gem" with a great mission and steal of a deal for a delicious lunch. Parking is limited in the back and on side streets, so do take uber or a cab if staying downtown.

2  Thank John B