“Family Reunion ”

Ranked #357 of 1,989 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

What a wonderfully done Luncheon at this location. Professionalism every step of the way. Good cooked perfectly. Beef medallions, catfish, baked chicken, seafood gumbo, classic Cesar salad, corn Macque, death by Chocolate Cake and their bananas Foster's Bread Pudding could not have been better. It's all done well. I can't say enough about this place.

1  Thank 977Linda312

Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

I can't say enough about Cafe Reconcile!! What an amazing concept. The food is delicious and all proceeds go to the program which trains at risk youth in the restaurant business. I can't say enough about our experience here. There were 25 of us and the service was excellent and food was fabulous!!

1  Thank Allison O
Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

This review is be written well outside of my visit to the Cafe.
I've visited the Reconcile a few times and have had several different entrees.
The red beans and rice w/fish are a cafe staple. You can't go wrong with this menu choice.
The shrimp okra < my personal favorite I like to make on my own> , while this was not in my opinion on par with my recipe, not a bad choice . I did have to ' season it ' a bit, but I would definitely recommend this to newcomers and veterans alike.
Price wise is a bargin for each bite after bite.
A sidebar bit for some of the employees here: they are working to better their outlook and gain valuable experience in the food and tourism industry.

Bishop

1  Thank reginaldb674
Reviewed 4 May 2017

This restaurant was a training restaurant to give young people around 16 to 24 experience in finding a trade, learning about food, learning about life and responsibilities, working with people, serving, cooking, and building confidence. The food was incredible! ! It was Southern, Cajun and Creole. I had white beans and shrimp. The peach cobbler was to die for!!

1  Thank Maryjane917
Reviewed 3 May 2017

The attitude of the folks here is amazing. They are so very nice, friendly, courteous, and helpful. I seriously recommend the jerked chicken and virtually any sides. OH, and when you're done, be sure to ask for an envelope to slip a donation to help keep this place running for of those it helps.

1  Thank ryrowe