“The true king of poboys”

Parkway Bakery & Tavern
Ranked #17 of 2,063 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Takeout
Description: Parkway Bakery & Tavern is a New Orleans restaurant and family dining tradition located at the corner of Hagan and Toulouse overlooking Bayou St. John in Louisiana.
Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

When you want the very best in the poboy world, you come to Parkway Tavern. Just don’t come on Tuesday because they are closed.

1  Thank Michelle C
Write a ReviewReviews (1,162)

Reviewed 7 May 2018

Stumbled upon this place and glad we did. Delicious! Had the Surf and Turf po-boy and the Oyster (only available on Mon and Wed) po-boy. Sat at the bar...the vibe was great and the staff was top notch!

Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

My wife and I are in New Orleans for the third time and we hadn't yet tried Parkway. We had to change that.
This is jazz fest weekend and there was a private party so the wait was long (30-40 mins) but it was absolutely worth the wait.

My wife had the grilled Reuben and I was treated to the best surf n turf po boy that I've ever tasted. Incredible. We shared an order of fries and beef gravy. Theres not many places worth waiting as long as we did, but Parkway is.

Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

We’ve been coming to New Orleans for years but had never been to Parkway. We went on a Saturday morning and thought it was awesome! One of the best po-boys we’ve ever had. There is plenty of parking and seating. The roast beef and fried shrimp po-boy is incredible! Will definitely go back.

Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

My wife and I made the trip out to Parkway based on reviews here and seeing it in lists of Po-Boys to try. Got the shrimp and a Surf & Turf which is a shrimp po-boy with roast beef debris. Personal preference but I preferred the shrimp by itself. I think the roast beef is a pretty assertive flavor and it covers up the delicate flavor of the shrimp.