“Nice, comfortable stay for the Saints biggest fan!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Chez Palmiers Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #33 of 139 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Missouri City, Texas
“Nice, comfortable stay for the Saints biggest fan!!!”
Reviewed 6 January 2012

My two friends and I stayed at Chez Palmiers early Friday - Monday afternoon the first week of December, 2011. We stayed in the Loft Suite upstairs and the accommodations were clean, comfortable, private and spacious enough. Athough other guests were residing on the property at the time, we only saw one another in passing and I did enjoy a true sense of privacy. The location was only a couple of blocks from Esplanade; however, because we frequented the Quarters/Canal area, we paid several cab fares when returning at night and also caught the city bus, which sometimes meant a fairly lengthy wait during the day time. Of course, we did our share of walking as well, which was of great benefit (I think I lost a few pounds!) but I didn't trust walking at night so hence the various cab rides. Overall, the experience was a very good one. Both David and Schulyer were very nice, amenable and made us feel welcomed upon arrival. Also, the complimentary breakfast offerings was a nice touch and got our day off to a nice start!

Room Tip: The Loft Suite (converted) occupies the whole of upstairs and though not overly large, it is spacio...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank VacationExpert10

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Paris, France
Reviewed 2 January 2012

I spent the New Year's long weekend at Chez Palmier. I thoroughly enjoyed myself at this charming B&B. Schuyler and David go out of their way to make you feel welcome. I stayed in the Blah Blah room, and I loved it. It was warm, cozy, private and filled with all the amenities that any large hotel would give you. However, no hotel can provide you the New Orleans ambiance and charm that the hosts provide. The moment you walk in the front door, you feel as though you have walked into a lovely private home. It was Christmas season, and the house was beautifully decorated for the hotel.

The morning breakfast is lovely and bountiful. Coffee, juices, wide selection of breads and cereals as well as special treats like fresh fruit and yogurt. The table is beautifully set each morning, as you enter the breakfast room. It is served from 8:30A-10:30A daily, but Schuyler makes it possible for us earlybirds to simply push the button on the coffee maker to have richlly, brewed coffee with chicory, a real New Orleans treat.

The neighborhood is choked full of surprises. In all my years of coming to New Orleans, I knew the French Quarter and St. Charles districts quite well, but this trip my eyes were opened to the good restaurants and bars along Esplanade and in the Marigny. I was especially taken with the hip bars and restaurants on Frenchman Street.

The guesthouse, the hospitality and the genuine concerns of the hosts to make sure you have an enjoyable time make for a great holiday memory. I send my compliments to the hosts on providing a top notch B&B for those of us who are addicted to New Orleans and all of its charms!

Room Tip: I toured all three rooms, and I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. It all depends i...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank AtlStew
Plover
Reviewed 1 December 2011

This was our first trip to NO and we found Chez Palmiers on the VRBO website. My wife and I were looking for a place close to the French Quarter, did not want a rental car and wanted to avoid the conventional hotel. Chez Palmiers was within walking distance of the French Quarter and Frenchmen Street.

The evening we arrived, we met both David and Schuyler. However, David had to leave early the following morning on a business trip. The following 3 days Schuyler was great in answering our questions about the city and what to do, see and where to eat (Aldolfos on Frenchmen Street was a real treat and we would never have found it without his help). He also told us of a couple neighborhood establishments that were alot of fun. One could tell that Schuyler knew the city and enjoyed living there and made us feel welcome.

We stayed in the Blah Blah room and it was very clean and comfortable. We were able to view the other 2 rooms and they were both larger than the Blah Blah. All 3 rooms, in fact, the entire place was very tastefully decorated.

They had a very complete continental style breakfast. Everything from granola to yogurt to bagels to juice and coffee. It was also nice to meet other guests and share adventures.

Since we had to rely on airport transportation and did not know NOLA, we suggest nolaairportshuttle.com. Great service and reasonable fare.

We look forward to our next trip to NOLA and seeing David and Schuyler again!

Greg O.

Room Tip: The 2 larger rooms are more of a suite than the Blah Blah room.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gregory O
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 4 November 2011

Schuyler Hoffman and David Peterson are the hosts of this marvelous tucked-away jewel of a B&B in the very heart of New Orleans. The coziness and distinctively NOLA style will wrap its arms around you as you sink into the wonderful comfort of the Grande Suite, the Loft or the Blah-Blah room. Wake up each morning to David and Schuyler's lovely breakfast and hospitality and have your tea steeped in history! My husband and I spent our much-needed vacation in the Grande Suite surrounded by contentment, ease and all things New Orleans. October was a bit too cool for a dip in the pool, but in the lush, intimate outdoor space we didn't miss the swim at all. Our advice? Make your reservations as soon as you can!

Room Tip: The Grande Suite is perfect for couples, intimate yet amply-sized.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Claudia W
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 November 2011

This was my third time to Nola; my husband's second. We normally stay in a hotel but decided to go the B&B route this time, and we will never look back. Nola is one of those places that you'll want to revisit, and there is no doubt we'll be reserving at Chez Palmiers for our future trips.

First let's talk about your hosts: Schuyler & David. They're the kind of guys you want as next door neighbors. Cheery, helpful and passionate about the neighborhood, without being overbearing. It's a typical B&B so we'd see them around often, but it was always awesome. We'd chat about local issues, great restaurants, etc. (And take their advice when it comes to food - they know their stuff!) It was great having them around. In fact, i want to be their neighbor.

CP is located in Marigney which is literally a three minute walk from the French Quarter and Frenchman Street. For us, it was a perfect location. We were not in the loud French Quarter, but we were close enough that whenever we wanted to get there - it was just a walk away. I'm also a runner so I enjoyed easy access to fun & safe running routes (to City Park and around the Quarter for example.)

The house is lovely! They're big architecture buffs so they're happy to talk to you about it's style. We stayed in the downstairs suite and it was PERFECT! We even had our own private reading/sitting room with tons of books. A few days after we arrived, my husband's brother and partners arrived and they took the upstairs loft which was also great. We spent most of our afternoons in the pool. Since we had been to Nola before and done most of the "sights" on previous trips, we just wanted to eat, listen to great music, and relax. We'd wake up, eat, swim, go find lunch, eat some beignets, swim, drink some wine, swim, waddle to Frenchman Street, and repeat. For us it was the perfect vacation.

Breakfast was good. In New Orleans a local law prohibits B&Bs from preparing cooked breakfasts (I know - crazy, huh?) but we'd never go hungry in the AM. Schuyler & David would put out tons of bread, bagels, croissants, spreads, cheese, yogurt, fresh fruit, etc. (And great coffee!) We'd eat our breakfast poolside each AM (and then hop in the pool.) It was actually funny - on our first morning, my husband joined me on a LONG run. As we were on our way back to CP he said, "I really want a croissant with brie." I said, "Baby, I think you're dreaming. They''ll probably have toast and stuff." I kid you not. We get home, covered in sweat and aching to find croissants and brie. Magic!

All in all - this was a perfect B&B experience. And we will be going back. Thanks Schuyler & David!

Room Tip: We loved the Grand Suite!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple