Open today: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Highly Recommend!

We did the morning trip to Sylvan Lake. My husband, 5, 8, and 10 year olds climbed and my youngest... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
NoPaChWe
Sylvan Rocks Climbing Guides

Had a great day rock climbing with Brandon as my guide at Sylvan Lake! Brandon is personable... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago
FrequentFlier374672

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We did our second climb as a family yesterday and it was fantastic! There were four of us: my husband, myself, and our boys ages 7 and 8. We had two guides with us. This was our second time climbing with Chris and he's great. Doug was also with us this time and he was nothing short of phenomenal with our kids. Our 7 year old found his happy place and climbed as close to nonstop as possible, enjoying each new challenge the guides threw his way. Our 8 year old was more hesitant, and was nervous about various aspects of climbing. Both Chris and Doug met him where he was and helped him every step of the way. They let him try things on his own, they climbed alongside him, they arranged for me to climb next to him. In short, they did whatever was necessary to make sure the kids both felt safe, pushed their comfort zones a bit, and everyone had a ton of fun!!!

Date of experience: July 2021
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Doug was a fantastic guide. He took me and my daughter on a private all-day climbing experience. He took us on different levels and challenges. We had a great day.

Date of experience: July 2021
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This was an absolutely amazing experience from booking with the staff through a full day of climbing! Shankar was a fabulous guide! He took the time to learn what my son wanted to do and catered the day just for him! He took some photos of him at the peaks also! My son LOVED it! Thank you for making this the highlight of his trip!

Beautiful scenery all around too!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We booked a trip with Sylvan Rocks Climbing based on some of the reviews I read on Trip Advisor… and it didn’t disappoint! What an awesome experience. My 18yo and I booked an 8 hour adventure trip where we wanted to learn some multi pitch climbing. So they scheduled two climbs based on our experience. It wasn’t easy for sure, as this is supposed to be challenging. But it was not outside of our skill level. They take the time to listen to your goals and place you with the right plan and the right guide. In our case we were placed with Shankar. He did an awesome job! His skills, safety orientated actions, and personality was a perfect fit for my daughter and I. We couldn’t have asked or planned for a better experience. Truly! Thank you all very much for your commitment to helping aspiring climbers reach another level. From the climbs to the lessons on how to go to the next level… this is the place you want to do that with.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Sylvan is a top notch adventure provider. My wife and I have never climbed before, but our guide Doug provided us simple instructions to provide us a basic understanding of the gear and climbing techniques and demonstrated various approaches. We started with a basic climb; about a 50 foot ascent with ample foot and hand holds to allow us time to practice the techniques. Once comfortable, he let us drive our experience and decide which types of climbs we did from there. At the end of the 6 hours, we completed 4 climbs of varying difficulties and finished with a 150 foot ascent over a challenging rock face and then a self belayed rappel to the ground. Throughout the experience, Doug was personable and professional and offered some historical information about the local area and climbing which enhanced the experience. This was one of the highlights of our vacation and a memory we will never forget. Thanks to Doug and the Sylvan team for an exceptional experience!