See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 April 2015 via mobile

Myself & my boyfriend have just got back from staying here for a week. We booked this hotel via an event called Snowbombing as the complete price was suitable for us. It is of typical Austrian style, but always very clean & comfortable.

The rooms are well equipped with TV, safe, hair dryer, and plenty of storage space. Austrain twin beds (double bed frame with 2 single mattresses & duvets). For those who need it, there is also a storage area on the ground floor for ski's & boots etc with separate entrance so you don't have to bring it all through reception.

Breakfast is served each morning from 7.30 and consisted of a selection of breads, honey, jams, cereals, yoghurts, meats & cheeses. You could also request to have eggs cooked if you wished. Plenty of choice to keep you going & the staff were always very friendly & welcoming.

We never had time to use the sauna whilst we were there but there are plenty of areas to relax in both inside & out. There is no bar but lots of choice in the town itself.

The hotel is located just outside the town but close enough to be able to walk to & from in 10-15 mins. There is a ski bus stop along the road outside the hotel which we didn't use as we were happy to walk to the Ski lift station. I'd allow about 20mins walk with carrying ski equipment!

Overall I'd be happy to stay here again.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Heidi K
Reviewed 25 March 2015 via mobile

Nice stay. Well maintained building and overall it was spotless. Located on the edge of mayerhofen it is lovely and quiet with only a minutes walk to the nearest bars. Breakfast is simple but nice. I would definitely stay again as very reasonably priced.

Stayed: March 2015
1  Thank sarahhV1093VO
Reviewed 2 February 2015

I stayed at the Almhof for two weeks in January. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay! Elisabeth and her staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was typical European style, but with an excellent selection of breads, cheese, meats, cereals and fruit/yogurt, etc. The bedroom was spacious and had a huge balcony (corner room). The shower stall was a little small, but was not an issue for me, might be a bit annoying for a larger person.

The hotel is situated just down the street from the town centre, which was nice as it offered beautiful views of the mountains and town. There is a skibus stop just outside the hotel (line D) and line A and line C are a very short walk away. It's less than 10 minutes walk (with ski boots on!) to the train station where all the buses stop for other destinations outside of Mayrhofen. I'm sure you can also take the skibus to the train station, but I didn't bother as I don't mind walking.

There is a small gym in the basement and sauna too. I did not use the sauna as it's only open from 4pm-7pm and I found myself out most days at that time, but it did check it out and it looked nice.

Overall the Almhof is an excellent choice for a stay in Mayrhofen. The location is great, as it's just on the edge of town, so very quiet and picturesque, yet close enough to be in town within 5 minutes. I was a solo traveler and felt very safe and welcomed at the Almhof. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: I had a corner room with a massive balcony....too cold to really enjoy though. Would be great in the spring/summer!
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank jenmeli
Reviewed 30 January 2015

Spent a wonderful week here with my wife and three sons. The hotel arranged one double and one triple room with connecting balcony - very convenient. The rooms are good sized typical Austrian Garni rooms with extra sofa bed and side table and chairs. TV in rooms but only BBC World Service in English. Free WiFi but rather slow. Fantastic sauna area in the basement including proper Finnish sauna, steam bath, infrared bath and solarium as well as an exercise area - frankly over the top for this standard of hotel, but I have seen similar.
The landlady is very friendly and helpful with plenty of advice about Mayrhofen and tales of her family - if you can speak german!
The breakfast is a cold buffet of standard quality - I would have liked to have been offered eggs but otherwise very good.
The hotel is 200 meters north of Mayrhofen - an easy walk to the town and lifts but the ski bus stops at the next door hotel (St Josephs)

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 January 2015

We stayed at the Hotel Garni Almhof having booked through Neilsons, for Mayrhofen Guest houses, allocated on arrival. Before arrival I was a little concerned as to where we would stay however the Almhof completely allayed those fears, in fact was far better than we expected. We arrived at the hotel fairly early (1030) and was greeted by the friendly owner Elisabeth, the check in process was very straight forward with the room being ready which was great allowing for a days skiing. Our room a twin was on the top floor, the room was well equipped with free safe, ensuite shower, flat screen TV (BBC world), table/chairs, balcony looking over fields/forest/mountains etc. There was also free Wi-Fi which had a strong signal. A slight criticism, the beds were fairly basic and the pillows weren't the best. The room was well heated. The hotel itself is an attractive building and very traditional, with the common areas in keeping with the traditional theme and are presented to a high standard. We stayed on a b & b bases, the breakfast being continental with cereals etc served in the nice breakfast room, there is little else to say other than we had no complaints. For skiing, the hotel has a ski storage area in the basement with heated boot rails, also there is a ski bus stop outside which is ideal (line D). The owners provide all the information required in relation to bus times, area details, weather etc which was really nice. A couple of things that we didn't use, I understand there is a sauna/fitness room in the basement, also there is on-site parking. The location of the hotel is just to the north of the town and is a 5 minute walk to the main pedestrian area with shops/ restaurants etc. the hotel partly surrounded by fields. Again the location did not cause any problems with the bonus of the ski bus stop so near which was the most important factor. As stated we stayed at this hotel on a 'allocated on arrival', but having previously stayed in Mayrhofen, we were more than happy to have stayed there and I would have been happy to have booked it direct. The owners and the two staff we saw were always friendly and helpful, the hotel has a nice atmosphere and is presented to a high standard with good amenities, and is in a good location for a stay in Mayrhofen. A couple of things to note, there was no bar on site and they did not serve evening meals. We would recommend staying there.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family