Hotel Neue Post(Mayrhofen)
US$220
US$140
US$171
Priceline
All reviewsswimming poolthe half board optionroom in the main hotelsteam roommikes barevening mealski busshower areaski locker areayogurtbreakfast roomboiled eggstrain stationcold meatsapprox eurosset course menuasked for extra pillows
Reviewed 4 August 2016

We booked this hotel through Crystal/Thomsons, in the hope of a similar comfortable stay as we had enjoyed previously in other resorts in Austria. Mayrhofen itself is a beautiful place with much to see and enjoy. Unfortunately our experience of staying in the Obermair was not! While we were expecting a more simple and slightly worn kind of accommodation, we were very disappointed with the standard of our room. (number 13 in the annexe)
On arrival, the room itself was basically clean, with the worn furnishings we expected, and a very clean and comfortable bed. But there were dirty marks on the walls, and the furniture had a "sticky feel".The bathroom had a very old and worn toilet, and a number of cracked tiles, along with stained grouting. The bathroom cabinet inside was dusty and worn, but there were plenty of clean towels which were changed regularly.
Our main problem was the lack of hot, or even warm, water to this room. At all times of the day we had to wait 4-5 minutes for the water to run warm, and outside of the mornings and early evening, we had to wait 9-10 minutes. The sink had a plug which rarely worked properly, either stuck up or down.
However breakfast in the main hotel was very good, with plenty of variety and quantity. The half-board option of dinner in the Hotel Kramerwirt was excellent, with warm and friendly service.
.I would strongly advise not to stay in the annexe of the Obermair, and particularly not in Room 13.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the main hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Diane M
Reviewed 3 August 2016

The hotel is situated on a main road into the town, but just a little bit away from the centre, There is a filling station right outside, but I didn't find this to be a problem.

I spent a week here in an Annexe room (No.4). Having read the reviews of the Annexe I was prepared for a less than good experience, but really I was more than satisfied with the accommodation, although the en suite was rather dated. Rooms are often described as 'quiet' or 'noisy', but actually it's the other GUESTS who are! For the most part I found the experience relaxing; there were just occasions when guests came in late in the evening talking loudly or early in the morning when one person in particular had their alarm on on repeat. There was actually a large notice on one of the exit doors asking guests to be quiet at such times.

There was an easy-to-use shower in the en suite with good pressure and warm water.

The room was quite cool, not getting any sun, for which I was quite glad for sleeping, though the duvet was a shade too warm. A table tennis table arrived during my stay and was positioned right under my window, so this could be a little annoying at times listening to the noise of ball on table.

All the staff were very polite and helpful, though it took a while to get used to the young man at Reception calling me just "Mister".

The breakfast buffet was fairly extensive, with hot options, though you could easily arrive at a time when they had not been replenished. Like most European hotels they only give you one knife, so if you've just had a hot dish you then have to use the same one for your bread/toast. A minor point, I know, but annoying. Breakfast was served from 7.00 to 10.00. I read a lot of the comments in the Visitors Book, which always give a good impression of a hotel, and most comments were complimentary. One person had written "The most dis-organised breakfast buffet ever". I certainly wouldn't agree with that; I just think they need to keep a closer eye on items running out.

I did not make use of the sauna or swimming pool. There were several chairs and relaxers outside (along with 3 charming rabbits!)

Given that the rooms in the main building are reported to be better than in the Annexe I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to you, but do take a kettle and tea bags. I only found 3 English-speaking channels, and only one of those from the UK, which was BBC World NEWS, so not a lot was available on TV.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank LakeHopper48
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 28 July 2016 via mobile

We booked 2 rooms in this hotel for a family holiday. The rooms are in a state of disrepair with broken tiles, doors that have been burst in and poorly repaired. We had expected out of date fixtures but were very disappointed in the rooms in the annexe. We paid a supplement for a balcony but Room 1 has only a stairwell which was sold as a balcony where the laundry staff smoked cigarettes! Room 9 overlooked a garage which is owned by the hotel owners and where people drank alcohol all hours of the day and night. There is an indoor pool but it was very hot at 25°C. We paid 9.50 euros per device for wi fi but the wi fi did not work in rhe annexe meaning we had to sit at the hotel reception to receive any connection. Breakfast was good with a variety of choices but you often have to wait for choices of cooked foods to be replenished. Overall the hotel would suit a "lads skiing holiday" but I wouldn't recommend for a family break.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 June 2016

Stayed in the main hotel building so I cannot comment on the Annexe.
Room was quite comfortable with loads of storage space. They don't provide any means of making hot drinks so take a kettle. The pillows were just awful but ask for more and they are then acceptable doubled up. There was a free safe provided in the room. Only real con was the fact that the TV was on DTV cable and there were no English language channels at all.
We had a room at the rear (North side) overlooking fields and it was really quiet. The balcony had 2 chairs but they were very basic and you could not sit on them for long.
The breakfast was from 07:00 to10:00 and was very nice but don't go until about 07:15 as they are still putting things out until then.
The indoor swimming pool was great but it got a bit hot once - I think it must have had a fault that day.
The staff are all very friendly and lovely to deal with, with some speaking more English than others but it's not a problem.
There is WI-FI but you have to pay for it.
If you want to buy groceries, wine, cakes etc locally to take back to the room go to Billa - lovely shop with a good choice.
The owners let their rabbits out in the afternoon and it was fun to watch them in the field next door.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back (North) are quieter and I believe that the Annexe rooms are not so good.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2016 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay! The room was clean and nice. Breakfast buffet was very good. There were three saunas and a pool available. Hotel was in good location and Parking was by the hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful. We'll definitely come again!

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple