“Green Curry...”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 8 July 2018

As previous reviewer's have mentioned, tasty fare in 29P is rare, but there are about ten or so decent places, Thai Cafe being one. I've eaten here twice, both take out, and have been impressed both times. First visit, was the Tom Kar soup with chicken, which was very delicious. More sweet than I've had in the past, but a nice twist. The blend of coconut milk, broth, lemongrass, cilantro, etc., was very balanced, worth a try. I then tried the Pad See-Ew with chicken, which is a favorite of mine. It was pretty decent. The noodles were fried just right, along with the broccoli and chicken, not to dry or wet. Worth trying as well.
Second trip, the chicken sate and green curry with chicken. The sate was wonderful, very nice spices, a bit on the lemongrass side, which I enjoy, the peanut dipping sauce was spot on and what I was expecting, it also came with the quintessential small side of sweet cucumber salad, which was good too. The order came with four skewers. The green curry was actually some of the best I've had in a very long time. Again, the spices, coconut milk, etc., was very balanced, and had a smokey/grilled tone to it, which is a good thing. The steamed rice was good, more traditional white, sticky versus dry/hard jasmine.
Brief comment about interior. I found the place to be quite nice, and typical of a mid-level Thai restaurant: black-lacquered furniture, traditional artwork, etc. Actually quite a large place, seating for roughly 50?, so large groups can enjoy.

Reviewed 8 June 2018

We were staying in Twentynine Palms for a weekend and decided we wanted something different for dinner one night. We checked out the reviews on TA and found this little gem. Nice little place in a strip mall on the main drag. Nothing too fancy but clean. We were greeted and seated quickly. The menu has a great selection and reasonable prices. We tried the Spicy Basil and the Pineapple Curry along with the Spring Rolls for an appetizer. The rolls were good and as mentioned many times here, the peanut sauce is amazing! The entrees were both good with the curry being maybe a bit better. Service was also very attentive and friendly. A scoop of coconut ice cream for dessert and we had ourselves a really nice dinner. The quality of food and service rival places in Orange County. We will definitely be back!

Reviewed 31 May 2018

This was recommended and we liked the food and were happy we followed the advice. It was dinner hour on a Saturday and the large space was nearly empty. Not sure why. The decor is simple but the food and prices are good.

Reviewed 16 March 2018

I ate dinner here and while the food was fine, the service was very slow. They had only one server for the entire restaurant that night (a holiday weekend) and she was overwhelmed. It wasn't her fault...she was literally running from table to table. If they were better staffed, I'd rate it higher.

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

Service was great food was very good, peanut sauce excellent. They have a house dressing that comes on the dinner salad that I really enjoyed.